+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone, hope you are happy for another to join your chat? I need to be able to talk to others who know what its like

Quick background - we experienced our 2nd mmc in November last year. A healthy, strong hb had been seen at 2 previous scans then the 3rd scan, nothing. It was just a sick replica of our 1st pregnancy in 2010 where bubs looked strong and healthy at our dating scan, 6wks later we had our nt scan and found they had stopped growing about 4wks earlier. Thankfully our dd was born without complication in 2012 and is an absolute blessing (even as she nears the terrible 2s )

We knew all too well how common mc was and maybe were too naive that it would happen to us the 1st time - to lose a 2nd under the same circumstances was just gut wrenchingly unbelievable. They say once you see a strong hb, your risk drops drastically and ms is such a good sign?? I have suffered 24/7 ms with all 3 preg now so that means nothing, nor does the seeing a hb vomiting for the remainder of the wknd after just finding out your baby has died whilst waiting to see your gp Monday morning is not my idea of a good time

This loss has affected me much deeper than our first which I didn't think would be possible but I was treated so badly by the local hospital and my gp (I've since found a new gp) and the whole process was so drawn out, still needing a d&c 4wks after medically inducing my mc. The whole ordeal just took its toll mentally

we are ttc again, its all we want more than anything but at the same I'm absolutely, utterly terrified. I hate that everyone seems to be falling pregnant around me with no complications yet we have heartbreak again so selfish to feel that way because its not something you wish on anyone but still....it hurts some days

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sending you huge hugs michellek, I think we had miscarriages around the same time in 2010 as I remember you. I also found out twice that I'd had a missed miscarriage at my nt scans after hideous morning sickness and in the second pregnancy after a dating scan at 8 weeks which showed a healthy baby. I also had a ds in 2012 after finding out I have a blood clotting condition. I am ttc again but it's taking a long time. I can't imagine the emotions that will come up again when I do finally get utd.

I hope your ttc journey is short and your next pregnancy goes well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @michellek, sorry to have to welcome you to this group. I only joined myself a month ago
    Can I recommend you see someone like a councillor? They'll help with grieving and helped me. Pregnancy Loss Australia is good too.
    Nothing I can say will make things better right now but know you're not alone.
    Take care, and blessings to your angels xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheeki - its just an extra kick in the pants when ttc takes awhile after. It took us nearly 12mths to conceive our 1st angel then another 10ish mths to conceive dd. We saw a fs and both dh & I were fully tested with nothing really untoward found. Fx the stars align for you soon

Pinkblue - I have thought about speaking to someone, just the timing has made it hard (mc 14/11, d&c 9/12 then Christmas, new yr and a trip away for us). I'm going to start with attending the next service that the hospital offers to those that lost pregnancies before 15wks. Its nice to know there is something in that manner available, makes me glad that I transferred away from the local hospital

Plus I'm so over everyone telling me to 'be grateful you have dd' I find it such a silly and inappropriate thing to say. Of course I am grateful for her, she is the centre of my world. She was a long road to conceive so I don't take her for granted for one second that's for sure grrr

5. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Michellek,
    I do not have any helpful advise but I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel MichelleK! Just wanted offer hugs and hope you get a sticky SOON! Our first angel was 2 cycles and our second angel was 13 cycles in the making. It's just devastating. I also can relate to feeling sick with MS. The only thing I can't relate to is seeing a heartbeat Hugs X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, I hope it is ok if I post here? My apologies if not appropriate.

I just feel the need to acknowledge our little angel, confirmed lost today at 8 weeks. None of our family and friends knew we were doing IVF and we hadn't yet told anyone what at the time was so exciting when we got positive result. At my 7 week scan a week ago my FS was a little concerned as measurements were around 5 days behind and the yolk sac was enlarged. A follow up scan today confirmed the heartbeat had stopped.

I am booked in for a D & C on Tuesday. Right now I just can't believe it's all over. I am so sorry for others on this thread dealing with loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    Hello all, I hope it is ok if I post here? My apologies if not appropriate.

I just feel the need to acknowledge our little angel, confirmed lost today at 8 weeks. None of our family and friends knew we were doing IVF and we hadn't yet told anyone what at the time was so exciting when we got positive result. At my 7 week scan a week ago my FS was a little concerned as measurements were around 5 days behind and the yolk sac was enlarged. A follow up scan today confirmed the heartbeat had stopped.

I am booked in for a D & C on Tuesday. Right now I just can't believe it's all over. I am so sorry for others on this thread dealing with loss
    JTM I am so sorry for your loss, I too lost an IVF baby before a long weekend and had to wait 3 days knowing my little one had passed, be kind to yourself over the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have been told my bub has no HB... I am now 8 weeks and 6 days. The first scan I went to bub was a week behind. The second scan on Thursday .. had grown but still not detectable HB. D&C on Wednesday.. I keep thinking maybe they have made a mistake.. or perhaps it will still come.
    I guess everyone thinks this way - right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jtm and mummalinz, so very sorry to hear of your bubs. Will be thinking of you both next week

Our mmc in November was discovered at a Saturday morning scan. Like you jtm, I had to wait, not quite as long, but until Monday morning when I could even speak to my gp. It was the worst weekend ever.

Mummalinz - very normal to think it is all a big mistake. I had a 2nd u/s the last time to make double sure there was no longer a hb. I was not about to accept that it would happen at the same gestation with no sign again.

Bug hugs to you both xx