+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry Pinkblue, I experience back pain on and off but not specifically after my mcs. Maybe check with your dr or call a health service? x

I normally just take panadol/do stretches/alternate hot and cold packs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkblue View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    Has anyone experienced sciatica after a miscarriage? I've never had lower back pain til falling pregnant and now the baby is gone, I have what I think is sciatica (pain in buttock/hip/down leg and lower back). It's started after my D&C.

Any tips on how to relieve the pain would be great! And whether it will go away with time?
    Hi pinkblue,
    I suffer from lower back pain anyway.. Even before bub. I find that I get pinching between my tailbone and hip area.
    I find best is soak in hot bath then lay flat on back on a reasonably hard surface ( carpeted floor or firm mattress. Raise one leg bend to 90 deg. Straighten out ( still off the floor. Then slowly drop to floor ( straight) do same to other.. You may feel a click.
    Also sleeping with pillow between knees stops strain on hips.. From when one leg drops over the other when on your side.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maturemum1501 For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are all you lovely ladies this week?
    I hope that you were all able to handle the Christmas crazy time?
    I wanted to wish you all well for the new year.
    I hope that we are all able to come to terms with our losses, and fel free to talk about our feelings .. Not only on this thread, but with those close to us who can offer us support.
    I wish you all the ability to discus and decide on your future choices regardless wether they are to continue trying or to be content with the hand that mother nature has dealt you.
    I am a big believer that all things happen for a reason, and that our lives are ours to make what we can out of what we have or what we are given.
    Sorry ladies.. I am feeling profound at the moment..
    I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get DH to talk about our future instead of seeing that he simply doesn't want us to try again.. At least not just yet.. So I've decided to simply accept my life with him as it is, and what will be.. Will be.. If he ever becomes ready, and if we are able to conceive again then it's meant to be.. If he is never ready.. Or if we never conceive again.. Then it wasn't meant to be at all..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maturemum1501 For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (29-12-2013),sirine  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pinkblue- I had extreme amounts of pain after my D&C that I recently had, I ended up with stronger pain killers, alternating between hot/ cold packs and stretches. Mine seems to have settled now. Id go see your doctor to try get something to help. Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KVP For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (29-12-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi pinkblue is suggest seeing your care provider, did you get given antibiotics after the d&c? Chiro has helped my sciatica in the past too xo

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, @headoverfeet I wasn't given antibiotics, but don't think there's infection. I got DH to give my butt & lower back a massage last night and it's worked wonders!!! Will get him to do more today.
    I'll be calling my OB Monday so will mention it then.

Thanks for your tips, I'd love to soak in a bath but still not allowed. Hot pack it is!
    Take care ladies :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkblue For This Useful Post:

maturemum1501  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hope you all had a lovely Christmas with lots of love ones around.
    Just over a month ago i shared that a family member was due the week before i would have been due had i not had the mc, I was struggling with this but had the peace that they live in another state I wouldn't be faced with the 'that would be me' each time a pregnancy milestone was reached and have to put on a brave face (we didn't tell anyone we were pregnant or about the mc), turns out the pregnancy gods do hate me - on Christmas day my sil announced that she is halfway thru her pregnancy and due the exact same date as i would have been. I am super happy for her as she has also walked the mc path but my heart is shattered and DH just doesn't understand

Sent from my GT-I8730T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sirine I am so incredibly sorry, I too lost our little one with my bestie due a week before AND SIL is due the same day, its absolutely awful to have that constant reminder of what would have been.
    Im the eldest and this is the first grandchild for my parents, I hate the fact that the joy was taken from us and they still get to go on like nothing happened. I get to watch this child grow up knowing how old mine would have been.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

sirine  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sirine and @Wishnhope our stories are all so similar. Two of my friends and my SIL are due 6wks before our baby was meant to arrive. It's very hard to see, but as soon as we can try again, we'll do our best to make a sticky healthy take home baby this time.

I find I'm trying to focus on finding peace in that my baby must have been sick, and I'd rather they live free of pain in heaven now, rather than be on earth needing lots of painful treatment.

Good luck ladies, I hope you all find your peace soon, and also go on to have healthy sticky babies x

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pinkblue For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (29-12-2013),maturemum1501  (29-12-2013),sirine  (29-12-2013)