+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I wish people would just shut up! Simple. Good luck with Xmas, I don't even wanna know about it. Just makes me think how I would be 12weeks and 'safe' from this exact despair I was afraid of.
    Make sure you look after yourself x
    You be kind to yourself to. I'm just going to try and cling to the hope that some day it will be different...it has to be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilywithme For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I'm hoping someone can advise me on what to do.

I was 8wks pregnant today but at my scan was told there was no heartbeat and baby was measuring only 7wks and baby had passed. 😭

It's our first and was a long time coming, so we are devastated. I'm seeing my OB Monday but need to know, is a D&C the way to go? Or wait for it to pass naturally? The ultrasound tech said bleeding should start in a couple days, but I'm not sure it will.

I'm numb at the moment and don't know what to do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pinkblue......xxx

With my two they were quite early, around 5 weeks....both natural and complete miscarriages.

I suppose it will depend on whether or not you want to wait and see what happens, or if you want to book in the d&c and know exactly when it's going to happen.

That being said, even if you do book it you might mc naturally ahead of the appt, or need a d&c anyway (I had scans after mine to check and see that everything had passed).

Talk it over with your doctor....and be gentle with yourself. So very sorry this is happening....massive hugs.

xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pink blue

So sorry for your loss. I lost a bub last year. The bub grew to 6 weeks then heartbeat stayed another 3 weeks until I started to mc. At 9 weeks
    Usually mc will begin within a few days of heartbeat stopping
    I had a natural mc.
    Bled for 10 days like a period
    Then 3 days of heavy blood with mild aching over tummy. Pushing over the toilet mostly
    That's when I lost the sac.
    Then 1 week of brown spotting

I always thought it would be really painful but it wasn't for me. Cervix will dilate to about 1 cm so it's like early labour
    I remember having to have about 20 mg of iron a day because of blood loss

It's up to you about d&c because of Christmas coming up
    But you have nothing to worry about having a natural mc
    But if you find that having iron still makes you feel really dizzy then I would go to emergency for monitoring during the mc.
    My heart goes out to you hun
    Last edited by Kazza78; 21-12-2013 at 14:29.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pinkblue I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I recently have gone through this. Last Saturday we went for our 9 week scan(we did IVF and it is our first) and we found out the heart had stopped beating a few days before our scan. I was in two mind about D&C or letting it happen natural. For me I found mentally I wasn't handling having it inside me so I decided on the D&C I had it done Thursday just gone. I found for me it was the best option as I was waiting and waiting for the bleeding to start every time I went to the bathroom I would be looking at the toilet paper and it was just sending me emotionally crazy. It is very much so a personal choice so only you will know what is right for you. I found it very painful the medication they gave me prior to the D&C and I'm still in a fair amount of pain now, but emotionally and mentally I'm
    In a better place. Good luck with it and I hope next time is a better outcome for you. X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KVP For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littleduck, Kazza and KVP thank you for your kind words and advice, I think I'll see what my OB suggests on Monday.

It's such a horrible thing to have happen...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like part of me has died this morning, having the body still in me is hard... It doesn't look like its going anywhere soon either...
    This is the worst experience, I just can't believe it's happened...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkblue For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pinkblue
    Huggz to you. We were at 10 weeks when we were told there was no heartbeat bub heart had stopped about 2 weeks earlier. I didn't mc naturally and it was another 2 weeks before i could be booked for the d&c (they were the longest weeks of my life), although each person is different I'd say spare the heartbreak of waiting for it to happen naturally and have the d&c as soon as possible so that your body and mind can start the healing process. Love and Huggz to you remember everyone in this chat has also lost a bub and are here if you need to cry or vent

Sent from my GT-I8730T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sirine View Post
    @Pinkblue
    Huggz to you. We were at 10 weeks when we were told there was no heartbeat bub heart had stopped about 2 weeks earlier. I didn't mc naturally and it was another 2 weeks before i could be booked for the d&c (they were the longest weeks of my life), although each person is different I'd say spare the heartbreak of waiting for it to happen naturally and have the d&c as soon as possible so that your body and mind can start the healing process. Love and Huggz to you remember everyone in this chat has also lost a bub and are here if you need to cry or vent

Sent from my GT-I8730T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks sirine, I'm thinking of trying to call my OB today at home to see if I can have it removed tomorrow. I couldn't imagine how hard it was to wait two weeks. I'm sorry to hear of your loss too. It's just horrific.

Today I've just woken feeling sick and with an overwhelming desire to get the baby out of me. It's upsetting me knowing its there and my body isn't registering that it's gone to heaven in spirit.

We haven't told anyone of our pregnancy and loss, so I don't know what's going to happen Christmas Day. I don't want to be the downer ruining Christmas, but if I have it removed before Christmas will I be up to going to family's house?

So many unanswered questions are spinning wildly through my mind, while DH snores sound asleep next to me. I suppose it's always different for us as we carry the baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkblue View Post
    Thanks sirine, I'm thinking of trying to call my OB today at home to see if I can have it removed tomorrow. I couldn't imagine how hard it was to wait two weeks. I'm sorry to hear of your loss too. It's just horrific.

Today I've just woken feeling sick and with an overwhelming desire to get the baby out of me. It's upsetting me knowing its there and my body isn't registering that it's gone to heaven in spirit.

We haven't told anyone of our pregnancy and loss, so I don't know what's going to happen Christmas Day. I don't want to be the downer ruining Christmas, but if I have it removed before Christmas will I be up to going to family's house?

So many unanswered questions are spinning wildly through my mind, while DH snores sound asleep next to me. I suppose it's always different for us as we carry the baby...
    Would you feel comfortable telling anyone about what's happened? Whatever happens over the next few days it *may* be too difficult for you deal with just in your own head, while everybody else is Christmassing it up.

I don't blame you for wanting to get it over with. With mine I didn't know exactly, although I wasn't given an optimistic outlook. Be gentle with your DH, too.....it is very different for us.

xxxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (22-12-2013)