User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to get grease stain out of carpet?

Im sitting here in front of the computer completely and utterly furious with DH . We have had brand new carpet laid this afternoon and DH has already managed to get 2 grease stains on the carpet in our bedroom - right in the doorway, in direct sight line

Can anyone help me with any suggestions on how to clean it?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, My suggestion is to phone a carpet cleaner in your area. I have been told that some stains need to be cleaned within a certain amount of time to be successfull in removing them and they may suggest the correct chemical to use.

In the meantime maybe a rug?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been told eucalyptus oil!!!!! Put it on and leave it for a while......... Google it if you want to
    Holly 24 DP 27
    Malik (my little man) born 3/8/07
    50% Brazilian + 50% Aussie = 100% cheeky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice.

Bobby - they are only small stains (size of 5 cent piece_ so not viable getting someone here to clean them - we live in the country so it would be a major pain to get someone here for small. Thanks anyway.

Wannabemum - I went and bought some Eucalytptus wool wash and will see how that turns out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best thing to get grease/ oil stains out of anything is to use hair shampoo!! The cheaper the better. dampen the stain then put a tiny bit of shampoo on the carpet and rub it gently with your finger. Then blot it with a damp cloth and rince the cloth and keep repeating it a couple of times till the shampoo is gone. DO NOT RUB IT just blot it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could really kill them sometimes couldn't you!! My hubbie is a diesel fitter - always covered in grease!!
    The best thing I have found is sugar soap. Use a very small amount neat (don't mix with water) and wipe it over the stain - try not to rub too much , then wipe it again with a damp cloth (make sure you do a test patch first somewhere out of sight). Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had great results in the past getting grease out with Karpet powder. Blue can with a pink lid. My brother is a mechanic, and walked it over my carpet.

You sprinkle it on, rub it in with the special lid, leave it a bit, then vacuum it out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default (:

Quote Originally Posted by little mermaid View Post
    The best thing to get grease/ oil stains out of anything is to use hair shampoo!! The cheaper the better. dampen the stain then put a tiny bit of shampoo on the carpet and rub it gently with your finger. Then blot it with a damp cloth and rince the cloth and keep repeating it a couple of times till the shampoo is gone. DO NOT RUB IT just blot it.
    worked a charm!!