+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    The three male judges?
    I did read something about the Professionals season, apparently female chefs were most often relegated to desserts despite them not specializing in this area while the men took care of the mains. I didn't watch it all so I'm not overly sure about the circumstances there.
    Lol good point about the judges, but they often had female guests come in to help judge I didn't notice the dessert thing, it depended in the team captain most of the time (I know Sarah decided to do the dessert for the finale herself).
    I might just be blind to that kind of thing though. I don't notice because to me women are no less capable than men and vise versa I kind of assume everyone else feels that way too (sexists really shock me lol, I just don't expect it, it seems so ridiculous lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I must be living under a rock. I have never seen the ads you are referring to and had no idea, until this thread, that Masterchef was doing another season.

Hmm, off to watch Channel 10 tonight to see these ads.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    Hmm I guess because if they were saying the sexes arn't equal then the competition would be pretty pointless. I've never noticed any gender bias in the actual show (that I've seen, I will admit I haven't seen that much of it lol).

Ummmm.......I think you're missing the point. This is regarding the ad for the new series which will have the theme of men v women. The issue is not about gender biased as much as it is sexism. It's stupid and demeaning to both sexes.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally think men *generally* make better chefs/cooks because alot of men *generally* are fussier with food. They want it to taste amazing where as most women *generally* have the goal of just feeding their family a good meal. Women want the bellies full and men want the org@sm in the mouth experience.....*generally*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I personally think men *generally* make better chefs/cooks because alot of men *generally* are fussier with food. They want it to taste amazing where as most women *generally* have the goal of just feeding their family a good meal. Women want the bellies full and men want the org@sm in the mouth experience.....*generally*
    I disagree. I'm a way better, and fussier, cook than my husband. But I can honestly say that that has nothing to do with my gender and everything to do with my love of good food vs his more blasé approach.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-05-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I disagree. I'm a way better, and fussier, cook than my husband. But I can honestly say that that has nothing to do with my gender and everything to do with my love of good food vs his more blasé approach.
    I did say generally

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did say generally
    You did, yes. Sorry, headcold has me all logged up and I forgot to add a at the end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You did, yes. Sorry, headcold has me all logged up and I forgot to add a at the end!

Its not a proper argument till one of us drops one of these bad boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not a proper argument till one of us drops one of these bad boys
    Oh haha sorry, here you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Ummmm.......I think you're missing the point. This is regarding the ad for the new series which will have the theme of men v women. The issue is not about gender biased as much as it is sexism. It's stupid and demeaning to both sexes.
    No I'm not, I said I found the ad very tongue in cheek (which I think points out how ridiculous stereotyping is) . I mentioned I didn't notice gender bias in previous seasons in a follow up post.