+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The runs in 1st trimester??

Hi all,

Sorry tmi!!
    I'm 8+4 today. I not only have morning sickness at the moment but also terrible diarrhoea. I have read up with Dr Google and it seems quite common. I don't have a tummy bug or anything, one minute I'm constipated and the next the opposite! Sitting on the loo with a bucket!!
    Anyone else suffering gastro upset??
    Luckily so far the baby is fine, but the cramping can get very intense

Mam xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I swing wildly between the two states (9+2). This morning I was awoken at 5am by serious wind pain and had to sit on the loo for 30 mins before my constipation cleared and I could have the runs and feel better. I think it's pretty normal, although it is not fun

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

mam83  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did. They say its a form of morning sickness! Lol I took comfort in that. It went away after 12 wks for me.. Just like morning sickness!

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

mam83  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I wish it was just one or the other! Think I prefer the vomiting, the diarrhoea is no fun at all, at least I feel slightly better after puking!! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to tell you but I'm 37+2 and I've had it the entire time! Luckily it's not any crazy time like if I had gastro, but I've got the runs every time I go. I actually consider myself lucky these days - at least I'm not terribly constipated like others at this stage of pregnancy and I've avoided hemorrhoids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Gosh! I hope it doesn't last!! I can't even leave the house at the moment!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yep, I was exactly the same! I was scared to leave the house to go to my Drs appt to confirm I was pregnant! I certainly was pregnant, she said that its perfectly normal. Mine started at 6 weeks to the day and stopped around the 8 week mark. Vomiting kept up until 12 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep got it here too. I asked my ob last week and he said its perfectly fine. That the hormones affect any smooth muscle which includes the bowel. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww shame, you ladies have it much worse than me! Hope it clears up for you soon and you have nice, boring pregnancies!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to angelini For This Useful Post:

mam83  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got it with DD when I was taking the blackmore's preg vitamins. I changed to Elevit and didn't have the problem. I remember reading about it and it being too much of something in the blackmores, but can't remember what!