+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Gosh your poor Mum in hospital with someone under guard. If it were me I wouldn't have thought anything other than they were trying to protect my privacy, maybe he closed your curtain as he saw you were busy - honestly if I were him I probably would have done the same.
    I think breast feeding Mums are getting a bit sensitive to be honest (I'm breast feeding so this isn't a stab, just an observation).
    Actually this is why I wrote this. I wanted to know if I am being over sensitive due to all the bad stuff ( the death and all the grieving and mum accident etc) or if other would be PO about it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would. My first thought was maybe he thought he was doing it for your comfort, as I know many men feel that way, but he should have realised that if you were at all uncomfortable you'd have closed it yourself prior. Clearly he was doing for his own comfort, and this is not ok. He has every right to feel however he likes about breastfeeding, but he does not have the right to put those feelings back on to you. His feelings are his responsibility, not yours.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also, I hope your Mum is well soon xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yet to read the responses, and hope your mum is alright, but I'd be a little peeved as well.. A bit different if you were doing a topless cartwheel, but seriously, breastfeeding is nothing to hide.

I would've opened it back up.. Hospital rooms are cramped and suffocating enough without being stuck behind the curtain!
    If someone has an issue with seeing a baby at the mothers breast, then it's up to them to hide imo..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have felt just like you, and its not fair! If you weren't bothered why the hell does anyone else care.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe the guards aren't allowed to close the prisoners curtains. I mean, maybe they aren't allowed to be 'alone' with the prisoner. Like, not allowed to have the curtain around them when no one else can see in? I could be wrong but maybe that's why.

If that's not the case then I would be offended too if I were you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlyWirly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyWirly View Post
    Maybe the guards aren't allowed to close the prisoners curtains. I mean, maybe they aren't allowed to be 'alone' with the prisoner. Like, not allowed to have the curtain around them when no one else can see in? I could be wrong but maybe that's why.

Maybe you're right... But if so, he *definitely* should have said something to anewme, along the lines of "would you like me to close the curtain for you while you feed bubs?" To which she could have replied "No thanks, that's not necessary". I really find it odd that he did this without a word to you, how rude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Gosh your poor Mum in hospital with someone under guard. If it were me I wouldn't have thought anything other than they were trying to protect my privacy, maybe he closed your curtain as he saw you were busy - honestly if I were him I probably would have done the same.
    I think breast feeding Mums are getting a bit sensitive to be honest (I'm breast feeding so this isn't a stab, just an observation).
    I agree.

He may well have thought he was doing you a favour by closing the curtain for you. I certainly wouldnt have thought he was being rude, unless he was glaring at you and tutting as he did it.

Its just as likely that his intentions were to be helpful, as it is that his intentions were to hide you away as such.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyWirly View Post

The the guard should have asked first. "Excuse me do you mind if I close your curtain as by law I'm not able to close mine"

I've thought about this OP I'm not even a breast feeder, and without an explanation from the guard I would have been appalled. Not only that the area between bed and curtain is a patients 'personal space' I would have felt invaded (patient or not)

I do understand if he done it to stop the prisoner perving, but he should have at the very least asked "do you mind if.....because......"

I'd not be happy at all...

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love how there is a criminal there under guard, and you're apparently the controversial one!

Whatever he was doing, for whatever reason, he should have communicated with you. I don't know any patient that would take kindly to a complete stranger shutting their curtain without asking first. It's just a weird thing to do.