+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is interesting, wonder why they didn't participate? It isn't like some of them are media shy?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Not sure if you have been on the SBS site .. But they searched and searched for people to participate regarding any serious reactions that have been noted as caused purely by vax ..

Shame you felt it was same old same old ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I also wish they had discussed long-term issues, people are worried about things like a link between vaccines and auto-immune dysfunction, rise in allergies etc.
    The reason they didn't mention it, is there is no link. There is absolutely no link between vaccines and allergies, autism or autoimmune disease. The one thing they have found a link for is that autoimmune disease may be triggered by antibodies, antibodies are of course sometimes found in vaccines. But you get hit with far more antibodies just going about your business every single day. And every single time you get sick - which is why a lot of peoples autoimmune diseases are triggered by things like vaccine preventable disease and flu. Re the allergies, there are so many different theories floating about, pollution, foods, genetics, cleanliness and our desire to kill off germs. The fact that Australia has the highest rate of Allergies and asthma in the entire world and Western Australia has the highest in Australia even though their vax rate isn't higher than anyone else's. All that points to vaxxes not being the culprit at all.

I find it fascinating that now that the Vaccine and autism link as been disproven, it is now the vaccine and allergy or vaccine and autoimmune "link", that anti vaxxers have started grasping at. It is like, they just need to find something, anything wrong with vaccines.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (27-05-2013),Ashram  (27-05-2013),atomicmama  (27-05-2013),Lauzy83  (27-05-2013),Maybelline  (27-05-2013),MissMuppet  (27-05-2013),wigglemum  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    That is interesting, wonder why they didn't participate? It isn't like some of them are media shy?
    Anti- vaxers and other claimants were asked to provide verified AEFI cases for Jabbed , they chose not to do so .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I am pro vax, and all my 3 children are up to date, but I do think reactions get swept under the rug.

After my daughter had her 4yo vaxes, she had very bad fever, was really lethargic and appeared really sick for 3 days afterwards. I went to 2 doctors who said it was just a coincidence and that it wasn't from her injections at all, but I know it was.
    I am so sorry your child was ill, no one likes to see their child sick. I have to say though that even if the illness was caused by the vax, a short 3 day illness with no hospitalization or long term damage/death is a level of risk/reaction I am extremely happy with, in comparison to the risks of the diseases immunized for.

More generally fever, malaise, local swelling and heat are all expected reactions to a vax for me. I am always bemused by them being called adverse reactions....sounds like a normal functioning immune system getting on with the job to me :-)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-05-2013),Bubintummy  (29-05-2013),gnomesy  (28-05-2013),IoS  (28-05-2013),Mkim  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think beebs has a good point. If they jut brought up information I.e allergies etc and even said there was no evidence supporting that they could be potentially starting a whole round of misinterpretation for example "did you see sbs last night they were talking about the link between vaccines and allergies" that gets spread around and added to until you have another "vaccine causes autism " type situation. I think the whole point of the doco was to present fact and dispel common myths. They couldn't possibly cover every myth because as soon as they did ( which would take forever) people would create more and more myths .
    If people are determined to see something that isn't there they will invent ways to confirm their theory unfortunately. But hopefully for the people that went in with an open mind to watching got some of their questions answered factually and with evidence.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (27-05-2013),atomicmama  (27-05-2013),beebs  (27-05-2013),Maybelline  (27-05-2013),MissMuppet  (27-05-2013),snowqu33n  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabella View Post
    I am so sorry your child was ill, no one likes to see their child sick. I have to say though that even if the illness was caused by the vax, a short 3 day illness with no hospitalization or long term damage/death is a level of risk/reaction I am extremely happy with, in comparison to the risks of the diseases immunized for.

More generally fever, malaise, local swelling and heat are all expected reactions to a vax for me. I am always bemused by them being called adverse reactions....sounds like a normal functioning immune system getting on with the job to me :-)
    I did not say my daughter had an adverse reaction, I said reaction. Big difference. But that wasn't my point. My point was that the doctors dismissed it as a coincidence, rather than agree that it was because of the needles. If you read my subsequent post, you would see that I am happy with my choice to vax.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Anti- vaxers and other claimants were asked to provide verified AEFI cases for Jabbed , they chose not to do so .
    Maybe none were 'verified'? I mean, BigRedV knows her child's fever etc was a reaction to the vaccination, but straight away people tried to say it wasn't.

Look, I vax, I believe in the importance if vaccination, but I also believe governments and big corporations will, and DO, do a lot of things to suit their agenda. I vax coz i do believe the benefits outweigh the risks. But I would like it if the risks were properly acknowledged. When things are swept under the carpet like they are, people lose trust, and when trust is gone,, people's top believing at all, and I firmly believe this is part of the reason so many people are starting to question vaccination. The medical community needs to be completely transparent and admit when they stuff up, admit maybe testing needs to be more thorough and independent etc. In Australia, at the moment (until vax rates drop further and we have an epidemic), it is more risky to vaccinate as the chances of coming into contact with the disease, and then having serious complications from it are virtually nothing (yes-I know- THANKS to vaccination, but if people are looking on an individual level, the risk is higher of vaxing).. We are asking people to take a risk of hurting a healthy baby, a lot of the time for the 'greater good' of society. I think if we want people to do this, we need to foster some sort of community spirit and be COMPLETELY honest about it all or people will continue to distrust vaccinations.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (27-05-2013),mummabec  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I did not say my daughter had an adverse reaction, I said reaction. Big difference. But that wasn't my point. My point was that the doctors dismissed it as a coincidence, rather than agree that it was because of the needles. If you read my subsequent post, you would see that I am happy with my choice to vax.
    I don't think she was necessarily referring to you. Things as basic as fever can be considered as adverse reactions, giving statistics a very misleading perception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is completely untrue. Sorry, but in 2011 40,000 people contracted whooping cough - that is only the ones that were diagnosed, it is still doing the rounds now. How on earth can the risk of a severe adverse reaction ie - about 1 in 1 million possibly be higher than that?

The documentary did admit that mistakes have been made, that the polio vaccine was the biggest mistake in the history of America in terms of medications. How is that not being honest and truthful? There are more around the world for sure, but they had to cram this all into an hour and a half and they chose the biggest mess up. Hardly think that is sweeping it under the carpet.

BigRed, sorry your daughter was unwell after her vaxxes. Almost all pro vaxxers know that these things happen. I just know they don't happen like the AVN says they happen. Anyone looking to groups like that for truthful information are on the wrong track. Not saying you do BRV - because I know you don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    In Australia, at the moment (until vax rates drop further and we have an epidemic), it is more risky to vaccinate as the chances of coming into contact with the disease, and then having serious complications from it are virtually nothing (yes-I know- THANKS to vaccination, but if people are looking on an individual level, the risk is higher of vaxing)..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I don't think she was necessarily referring to you. Things as basic as fever can be considered as adverse reactions, giving statistics a very misleading perception.
    She quoted me, so pretty sure she was talking to me???