+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Uh oh
    That's going to spark a good debate or two

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Looking forward to watching the show. Should be very interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking forward to this, it'll be interesting.

As for the petition, I don't agree with it at all. In the trailer for the documentary the 'man' (sorry not sure who he is, I assume a doctor of some kind) was talking about the 'conversation' between the public and the medical professionals. I think this trust relationship is very very important, and forcing people into vaccination does not foster this relationship at all. There needs to be complete honesty and transparency if the medical profession want to gain people's trust and willingness to participate in an activity that can rarely, but very possibly, harm their child. It also said somewhere that COs, or 'vaccine refusers' only make up 1.5% of non-vaxxers, and that the rest are usually busy or forget. Maybe the govt should be doing something to make it easier for people who forget/are busy to get vaccinations done, instead of these mass vaccination clinics at really annoying hours where you have to wait for ages in a room of crying babies. With my first, they did it at her maternal child health check, which made it HEAPS easier.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regarding the 'conversation' as well, I delay vax, and I had to take my son to the dr to get a referral for his hips. Anyway, I saw a dr who I hadn't seen before, and she GRILLED me for delay vaxing. COMPLETELY unrelated to why I was there. Anyway she was so so rude, so completely uninterested in hearing how *I* felt about the potential harm to my child, shot down every.single.thing I said by telling me over and over again that the vaccines are all tested and proven to be safe and effective, (although they are not 100% safe). Anyway, She completely ruined any chance she may have had to talking to me openly and possibly changing my mind. And I think this is a common scenario. When you dismiss a person's feelings with a whole lot of scientific 'fact', it doesn't make for a relationship based on mutual respect and trust, and without that, people will not listen. People need to feel that their feelings are valid, even if the other person doesn't agree.

Anyway, just thought I'd add that as I think it gets lost in the debate sometimes.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (08-07-2014),Maybelline  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The forgetting to vax stuff really is strange to me ... It isn't hard .. Doesn't take long .. I just booked in with the nurse at doc clinic .. No wait no problem ..