+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the doco was great hard to watch at times but still good, I'm very pro vax, I don't understand why so many people choose not to vaccinate i really wish I had a time machine so I could take them back in time and show them how awful these diseases really are and why we need to vaccinate now yes I understand the concern with ingredients and how many vaccinations littles ones receive but the risks still 100% out weigh the tiny chance that something might go wrong, with the vax rates dropping its only a matter of time until we start seeing more and more outbreaks of preventable diseases and that's a sad thought

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jemmajam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-05-2013),Gracie's Mum  (28-05-2013),happy wanderer  (10-06-2013),melab  (29-05-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The doco was fantastic and I have enjoyed reading all the comments on here. They are always very interesting. I was actually wondering myself today if ap was anti vax. I personally have tried to stay away from these sorts of categories of parenting because there always seems to be 'rules' to follow and thigs me make me feel guilty. My biggest lesson after getting through the first year is to just listen to my baby. I found it incredibly stressful trying out all different kinds of parenting! Anyway bit off topic sorry

Great vax discussion. Some smart cookies in here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I don't think that's fair at all. AP doesn't have "badges" it's just a way of responding to and caring for your child. You don't have to be anti vax. AP is about forming a strong bond with your child and parenting them with sensitivity and gentleness. It has nothing to do with vaxxing You don't have to co sleep, baby wear, use chiros or cloth bum to be an AP, nor do you have to forego vaccinating.
    Im sorry but AP does have badges for some, particularly when it's tied in with "nartural parenting" etc . Many AP people are not into it and don't live that way, but for some there is an element of competition and proving how crunchy you are.. I know quite a few people who have really latched on to anti vax, anti GMO or whatever without having any understanding at ALL of the issues.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (29-05-2013),happy wanderer  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Big Red V has issues with those who identify as being 'AP' and drags this out for lots of discussions. Whether it be babywearing, sleeping, feeding etc etc.. It would seem she has been burnt somewhere...

But I agree with your definition And funnily enough I know more APers that vax, than don't
    I hate to take this further off topic but you know.. maybe she has been burnt. A lot of people have. I used to love AP but I have started to see such an ugly side to it that I no longer want to be a part of it, and Im not the only person who feels that way. AP is awesome! but some of the people who are into it, not so much, and they use AP as a reason to bully and be condescending to others.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (29-05-2013),dancingchipmunk  (29-05-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-05-2013),Tippytoes  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Im sorry but AP does have badges for some, particularly when it's tied in with "nartural parenting" etc . Many AP people are not into it and don't live that way, but for some there is an element of competition and proving how crunchy you are.. I know quite a few people who have really latched on to anti vax, anti GMO or whatever without having any understanding at ALL of the issues.
    My point is, though, that these "add ons" aren't AP. AP is just a way to parent your child. Not vaxxing doesn't make you 'more' of an attachment parent, or less. AP is based on attachment theory, which is a psychological and evolutionary theory. It's about how we care for and respond to our children. It's also called natural parenting as for many people, the principles of AP come naturally. Many people parent this way without even realising it or ever giving it a name. I do understand what you're saying but I think it's important to realise that AP, at its core, has nothing to do with being competitive, "crunchy" or vaccines- and everything to do with how you directly care for your child.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    I hate to take this further off topic but you know.. maybe she has been burnt. A lot of people have. I used to love AP but I have started to see such an ugly side to it that I no longer want to be a part of it, and Im not the only person who feels that way. AP is awesome! but some of the people who are into it, not so much, and they use AP as a reason to bully and be condescending to others.
    See, I feel the way you parent is your personal choice, and people bullying others for not being into AP...well, put it this way- they're condescending bullies because they're condescending bullies, not because they are into AP. IDGAF how other people choose to parent (as long as there's no abuse of course) because we all decide what works for our families.
    I'm not sure what you don't want to be part of? Are you saying you no longer subscribe to the principles of AP because some other people who consider themselves AP are bullies?? Why should that change how you parent your own kids? It's not like attachment style parenting requires membership and meetings attendance if the ugliness you refer to is select individuals you've encountered who attachment parent and are also asshats, that sucks, but the two arent mutually exclusive.
    Whether or not we choose to vaccinate comes down to our own research and risk assessments, not to how we choose to respond to and care for our children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anyone see Bill Gates on Q&A last night?? AWESOME!~watch..

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (29-05-2013),Euphrosyne  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Anyone see Bill Gates on Q&A last night?? AWESOME!~watch..

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/
    I recorded it. My plan is to watch jabbed tomorrow and bill either after if I have time or on friday.

Did anyone read his piece in the paper yesterday? I get the courier mail, it was a good read.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I recorded it. My plan is to watch jabbed tomorrow and bill either after if I have time or on friday.

Did anyone read his piece in the paper yesterday? I get the courier mail, it was a good read.
    missed it..link?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use my phone so give me a bit, I'll try to get one

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (29-05-2013)