+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Water Bill

We just moved house and settlement was on the 8th April. We got the water bill the other day for $482.57. Now the meter reading was done on the 26March so we were not even living here at that time and also its saying that the previous owner used 124KL which averaged to 1459L/day which is heaps for a sinlge man.
    Our previous bill from our old address for 4 people was only 37KL for the quarter.

Now I need to know 3 things:
    1) who is responsible for paying the bill as it is not water we used at all?

2) I have written down what the reading is currently and not letting anyone use any water for a couple of hrs. I did the same yesterday.
    The first reading was 01403105 at 8:42am and then at 3:42pm it was 01403331 and that was after me having a shower, a load of washing and also having kids fluching the toilet. Does that sound excessive to you?

3) when they read the water meter do they use the black numbers to work out the bill or the red?
    The numbers on the bill are previous reading 1261 and current reading 1385.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you notified the water provider when you moved in then you are not responsible to pay for anything prior to that time. It should be an easy fix really if your name is already on the bill you have already been I touch with them, it was up to them to read the meter when the other people moved out. Regards to the other stuff, I have no idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It may have been adjusted at settlement. I would contact your solicitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours was adjusted when we purchased our house. Are you aware of any possible leaks?

Depends on your washing machine. I have a top loader water saving one that uses 80L, most standard machines use over 100L/wash. And my cistern would be over 10L.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 12-05-2013 at 14:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our was all sorted at settlement. I d contact your solicitor for sure! I'd also make sure you don't have any pipes leaking.

It's amazing how much water you use in a day. With toilets, showers, washing hands, drinks, doing the dishes or if you have a dishwasher then there is washing your clothes. It all adds up very quickly.