+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy82 View Post
    hi becca , i have/had pcos not sure how it all works once falling pregnant lol but after having a non helpful doctor i read up on ways to regulate cycle and start ovulation and ended up taking 1000mg tribulus for 3 months i think it was as well as vitex, my progesterone levels were also basically non existent , i didn't get any spotting but i obviously started ovulating as i am now 20 weeks pregnant, i had some spotting at beginning of pregnancy but been ok since about 9 weeks.

My cycle was usually about 6mths apart but was then 3 months apart after starting vitex, it was about a year on them when i fell pregnant. When you do fall pregnant though i was told to stop taking it as soon as i found out, i was also on metformin for about 2 years which i don't feel helped anything but continued taking that in the first trimester as it can apparently reduce miscarriage in pcos.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I guess I will just have to stick it out. My doctor is considering metformin for me at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read through this thread when deciding to try vitex and thought I would come share my results:
    I stopped nuvaring in April last year and went on to have extremely irregular cycles from 45- 100+ days and don't think I ovulated in that time. Started taking vitex on cd 50 last cycle and AF arrived 4 days later! Then continued to take it until cd 14 when I had ewcm for the first time (only stopped as went away and forgot them!) then had verry sore boobies so tested on cd 28 and +ve!!!!

I put it all down to the vitex didn't change anything else in this time. 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sm11 View Post
    I read through this thread when deciding to try vitex and thought I would come share my results:
    I stopped nuvaring in April last year and went on to have extremely irregular cycles from 45- 100+ days and don't think I ovulated in that time. Started taking vitex on cd 50 last cycle and AF arrived 4 days later! Then continued to take it until cd 14 when I had ewcm for the first time (only stopped as went away and forgot them!) then had verry sore boobies so tested on cd 28 and +ve!!!!

I put it all down to the vitex didn't change anything else in this time. 😄
    Congratulations!!! Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    How is everyone going with vitex and b6??

Over the past week and a half my bbt has stabilised which I am very excited about. I think it has taken 3-4 months for them to kick in. I'm currently cd35 and haven't ovulated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning Ladies, (Please delete Mods if this isnt allowed) I have two unopened bottles of Vitex if anyone is interested in purchasing at discounted prices plus postage?
    I have one bottle of Blackmores 40 tabs RRP 14.45
    And on bottle of natures aid (uk brand) 90 tabs RRP 14.99
    Happy to sell both for $20 + postage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Anyone experience regular headaches? I'm starting to think b complex may be the cause of my daily headaches?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I'd chime in with what my gyno said about vit b or other vitamins for ttc.

She said they generally don't have trialled evidence of actually doing anything but they can't do much harm provided you don't exceed recommended doses or are allergic. Her thoughts on b vitamins are nice she believes they do help with the stresses of ttc- stress being a big trouble maker in her eyes despite no proven evidence either.

I honestly dunno if bs would cause headaches. I'd guess not, maybe ask a naturopath?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Anyone experience regular headaches? I'm starting to think b complex may be the cause of my daily headaches?
    I've never had a problem with headaches on b complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyph View Post
    I thought I'd chime in with what my gyno said about vit b or other vitamins for ttc.

She said they generally don't have trialled evidence of actually doing anything but they can't do much harm provided you don't exceed recommended doses or are allergic. Her thoughts on b vitamins are nice she believes they do help with the stresses of ttc- stress being a big trouble maker in her eyes despite no proven evidence either.

I honestly dunno if bs would cause headaches. I'd guess not, maybe ask a naturopath?
    I did find after a month or so of taking b complex that I was better able to deal with stress than I had been before taking them.

The b complex did seem to have a positive impact on my cycle - increased bbt after o, reduced spotting before af and it possibly extended my lp by a day. I found they boosted my general health. It would be interesting to read if they ever did a study on it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Just wanted to rule it out. It must be my sinus I suspect or migraines? I have had a sinus infection every month for about 5 months. It seems to go away after antibiotics but maybe it really hasn't cleared up at all.

I have been taking vitex since may and b complex since July and I'm pretty happy with the results. My temperatures have stabilised and it appears I may have ovulated (not holding my breath).
    Take a look at my chart!
    http://fertilityfriend.com/home/44243a

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Your temps over the last two weeks look great Becca. Fx that temp stays up!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (17-08-2013)