+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    B complex can be good for you in general and generally is marketed for stress and/or energy. But the idea is it (b6) can increase the quality of ovulation and hence increases the quality of the corpus luteum which is important for producing hormones (progesterone and a bit of estrogen) during the tww. Progesterone is what causes your temp to go up after o.

I believe b6 works better if you take it with the other b vitamins, thats why i suggest b complex rather than just b6. It will likely improve your overall health which can help your body get into a better rythym & mean you might o more readily.

Unfortunately I think you might be in for another long cycle. fx I'm wrong though!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks blotched. Deep down I know I'm in for another long and ****ty cycle but I'm trying to stay positive at least til Sunday. Sounds like I really need b complex. I was gaping vitex would be enough. Which brand do u recommend and where should I get it from? And should it be taken the whole cycle?
    Thanks x

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Thanks blotched. Deep down I know I'm in for another long and ****ty cycle but I'm trying to stay positive at least til Sunday. Sounds like I really need b complex. I was gaping vitex would be enough. Which brand do u recommend and where should I get it from? And should it be taken the whole cycle?
    Thanks x
    I think you should continue taking vitex for the timebeing...i've heard it can take up to three months before having an effect.

Any brand you like, they're mostly all the same. I take Cenovis Mega B, you can get that in a supermarket or chemist. You're looking for something that has 50mg of b6 (and will have 50mg of the other b vits though some might be a bit less). You can take it for the whole cycle and its fine to take while pregnant too (b6 helps morning sickness and b complex as contains folate which is important for growing bubs too).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    I think you should continue taking vitex for the timebeing...i've heard it can take up to three months before having an effect.

Any brand you like, they're mostly all the same. I take Cenovis Mega B, you can get that in a supermarket or chemist. You're looking for something that has 50mg of b6 (and will have 50mg of the other b vits though some might be a bit less). You can take it for the whole cycle and its fine to take while pregnant too (b6 helps morning sickness and b complex as contains folate which is important for growing bubs too).

Yea I planned on keeping the vitex up. I have no side effects from it so I'm happy to continue. I think iv been on vitex for about a month and a half. I will get some b complex sometime next week. Hopefully it will help with my low temps and help me get more regular cycles. My cycles were around 30days, then I had massive amounts of stress in feb and had a 109 day cycle. I just really hope this cycle is better. I quit my job and got a new one that I'm really happy at, and we put off moving so I wasn't too stressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Thats great . Stress can really mess with your cycle, fx it sorts itself out soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Just bought natures own super b complex. Hoping it will help me ovulate next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Fx!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just coming in to update for future readers. First cycle 62 (10 days after starting vitex), second cycle off pill 32 days (taking vitex throughout) and now 29 days (taking vitex throughout). So, for me, it's helping me regulate my cycles in preparation for TTC later this year.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (05-07-2013),BoxCat  (07-10-2013),Calstar  (05-07-2013),Mamasupial  (05-07-2013),~ElectricPink~  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Anyone with pcos that wasn't ovulating prior to vitex but after taking vitex? Someone is of the opinion that if u have pcos and don't ovulate then vitex won't help u ovulate. Just needing to hear some positive stories so I don't lose all hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Mid cycle spotting anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi becca , i have/had pcos not sure how it all works once falling pregnant lol but after having a non helpful doctor i read up on ways to regulate cycle and start ovulation and ended up taking 1000mg tribulus for 3 months i think it was as well as vitex, my progesterone levels were also basically non existent , i didn't get any spotting but i obviously started ovulating as i am now 20 weeks pregnant, i had some spotting at beginning of pregnancy but been ok since about 9 weeks.

My cycle was usually about 6mths apart but was then 3 months apart after starting vitex, it was about a year on them when i fell pregnant. When you do fall pregnant though i was told to stop taking it as soon as i found out, i was also on metformin for about 2 years which i don't feel helped anything but continued taking that in the first trimester as it can apparently reduce miscarriage in pcos.