+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twomummas View Post
    So I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the different vitamins everyone is taking.

I have regular periods so I don't think I'll need Vitex and I'm taking Blackmores conceive well and about to switch to Elevit.

My DP and I will be trying to conceive through IUI later in the year so I'm trying to lose weight and prepare my body for best results. I'm going to be starting acupuncture as well.

However it's the vitamins that confuse me most! Different stories from everyone and the lady in my local health food store is a tad vague.

My questions is what else should I be taking? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ok well thank you.
    What you are taking seems fine. I took Elevit for a while but it made me feel nauseous so take what works for you. If your cycle is regular you don't need vitex. I started taking b vitamins to reduce the amount of spotting before af...it also helps with progesterone levels & lp so you only might what to try them if you think that might be a problem.

You might what to get your vit D levels checked...i got them checked after getting my bfp and it turns out my levels are very low. Its worth getting checked beforehand because then you can build up enough before you get pregnant if you need to. I also take iron supplements due to iron deficiency. Though my levels are perfect now but i'm still taking them as they are likely to drop during pregnancy. I think it was the extra iron in Elevit that made me feel nauseous tbh.

When ttc really the only thing you absolutely should take is folate (min 400mg/day I believe)...everything else is optional.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

twomummas  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We can't afford to see a private gyno so that's why the wait is so long through the public system. I can't go on clomid until I see a gyno because my to cant prescribe it.

There is really nothing I do in my life right now that I won't be able to do with a baby. I don't have the most exciting life. I'm just so over everything. I'm 24 years old, it shouldn't take so long for me to fall pregnant! I think back to when I was 22 and we first started ttc and how excited I was thinking I'd have a baby within a year. I feel cheated that I will never be that "innocent" again.

I wish I had no idea about temping and opks and clomid and any of that stuff. The innocence of just missing a period and getting a bfp was stolen from me and I'm sad and angry about it. My Nanna never got to meet a child of mine and the way things are going, neither will my pop. I'm just feeling very down about it all

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    We can't afford to see a private gyno so that's why the wait is so long through the public system. I can't go on clomid until I see a gyno because my to cant prescribe it.

There is really nothing I do in my life right now that I won't be able to do with a baby. I don't have the most exciting life. I'm just so over everything. I'm 24 years old, it shouldn't take so long for me to fall pregnant! I think back to when I was 22 and we first started ttc and how excited I was thinking I'd have a baby within a year. I feel cheated that I will never be that "innocent" again.

I wish I had no idea about temping and opks and clomid and any of that stuff. The innocence of just missing a period and getting a bfp was stolen from me and I'm sad and angry about it. My Nanna never got to meet a child of mine and the way things are going, neither will my pop. I'm just feeling very down about it all
    Hugs

Maybe organise something exciting to do with your partner...something you haven't done before or haven't done for a long time (DH and I went tenpin bowling a couple of times at the start of the year...i hadn't been since i was a kid). It can be so hard when your focused on ttc for so long that it can consume your life.

I understand exactly what you mean about feeling cheated/loss of innocence even though it hasn't taken us as long. Especially when you want to have kids young and it feels like its never going to happen.

Can you come up with some sort of long term financial goal whereby you might be able to afford to go private? I know its not ideal but might help you feel more in control and that one day you'll be able to get a bfp even if its later than you wanted?

Fx you don't need it though.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Starflame - gynos as opposed to FS tend to do unmonitored cycles, so you don't see them much. I had the initial consult where he ordered all the tests. I went back in a month, where he prescribed clomid will lots of repeats and said see you in 3 months. You will get medicare back. I know it's still a cost, but you won't need to see them a lot. I would ring around to the private obs and ask if they would bulk bill for HCC. It can't hurt?

I want to give you a big hug. I swing wildly between hope and feelings of utter hopelessness and defeat. So I get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a hcc anymore. I get no government assistance cos df earns too much and we live solely on his income. To be honest I think I'm done.

I don't want to do this anymore. I'm really starting to believe that I'm just not meant to be a parent. Df and I spoke about it and we aren't willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a baby so I guess we will just live childless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey starflame pls don't let it get you down so much. I honestly understand how your feeling and why you think your done. But you will always feel that something is missing if you don't keep on trying. Try without trying...like just go with flow. Do u know if you ovulate? You know I have a friend who did fsh 5 yesrs ago.. worked first go. She went back to do it after 3 years...nearly 2 years later using same method it hasn't worked!! She isn't giving up just yet... Her husband wants another one. And as for cost. ... my husband and I won't be doing ivf either. If I ever get to a weight where I'll be given treatment ill do either clomid ir fsh... the public system here in melb for an appt isn't long.

So pls don't give up your dream of being a parent. I've decided even if I'm 40 ill keep trying! !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys does vitex cause mid cycle spotting??? Cause its cd13 and I'm getting some light bleeding...like when I wipe...more than spotting. .. but not bright. .. more like it's been diluted... I've got an appt with the gynae clinic in 2 wks and unless they can give me a satisfactory answer I'm going to insist on tests. ..I'm scared it could be something more serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Hey guys does vitex cause mid cycle spotting??? Cause its cd13 and I'm getting some light bleeding...like when I wipe...more than spotting. .. but not bright. .. more like it's been diluted... I've got an appt with the gynae clinic in 2 wks and unless they can give me a satisfactory answer I'm going to insist on tests. ..I'm scared it could be something more serious.
    Iv had this last night and today. I'm cd17. I'm putting it down as ovulation spotting. Mine was brown, then red, then brown. Let me know how you go ok.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Mid cycle bleeding is normally just a simple hormone imbalance proudmumma. AS I said earlier, I never got it when I took vitex. Do you normally have a weird cycle? i.e. do you need a hormone balancer? bc it seems this is a common complaint for women who can't get pg but still have nice normal cycles.

starflame - All I can say hun is I feel everything you have said every month when I know I'm out. I can just feel the anguish in your posts, and I know that anguish too.

All I can suggest is don't make the decision now. Make it from an unemotional place. Please PM me anytime you need, even just to whinge how everything sucks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I do derilium. Am hoping I get some consistency this time. Cause if it's another 30ish day cycle I can expect spotting to start again soon then af 1 wk later. Am sick of all the on/off bleeding