+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We can't afford fertility treatment. I've been on a waiting list to see a gyno since October last year and according to them the wait will be another 10 months. So no hope there.

I've stopped taking the vitex. It's pretty obvious I'm not going to ovulate this cycle and I'm so over taking the array of vitamins and metformin and nothing happening. I'm over the whole thing and I wish I'd never started ttc. Sometimes I even wish I hadn't got with df because I never thought of babies before I was with him.

I hate that I feel like my life will be pointless if I can't be a mother to my very own child. I hate that my body doesn't work and all around me there are women who take getting pregnant for granted, who keep smoking and drinking and doing drugs while they are pregnant, who constantly whinge about how hard being pregnant is. I would give everything I have to be able to experience growing a human being and bringing them into the world. It's just not fair and I don't want it to be such a struggle anymore.

It terrifies me that I will still be childless this time next year. I can't take that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    When I decided to TTC I stopped taking the pill after I got AF and my cycle was 45 days. After 35 or so days, I thought here we go, I'm going to be irregular again so started taking vitex then.

I got AF after the 45 days and continued on Vitex until 14 DPO, which was a few days after we DTD and got pregnant straight away. I was using OPKs at the time which helped indicate when to DTD which probably helped just as much.

im unaware of vitamin b to help conceive, but I've read a lot that a lack of vitamin D in mothers has been linked to childhood allergies, so ill be stocking up on that now (we plan on TTC in the next month or so). I also read that fish oil is meant to be useful in reducing chances of intolerances so ill be trying that as well this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    We can't afford fertility treatment. I've been on a waiting list to see a gyno since October last year and according to them the wait will be another 10 months. So no hope there.

I've stopped taking the vitex. It's pretty obvious I'm not going to ovulate this cycle and I'm so over taking the array of vitamins and metformin and nothing happening. I'm over the whole thing and I wish I'd never started ttc. Sometimes I even wish I hadn't got with df because I never thought of babies before I was with him.

I hate that I feel like my life will be pointless if I can't be a mother to my very own child. I hate that my body doesn't work and all around me there are women who take getting pregnant for granted, who keep smoking and drinking and doing drugs while they are pregnant, who constantly whinge about how hard being pregnant is. I would give everything I have to be able to experience growing a human being and bringing them into the world. It's just not fair and I don't want it to be such a struggle anymore.

It terrifies me that I will still be childless this time next year. I can't take that.
    We can't afford IVF either. But I'm shocked of your wait time for a gyno, I got within about 3 weeks. Maybe clomid could help? How many gynos are in your area? Have you had tests?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Hi Starflame,

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling that way. I say this in the hope it will be something good for you to hear, so I hope I don't offend. When my Dd was born 15 months ago, from day dot I was stressed out all day, all night for months on end as I was way in over my head. I felt guilty that all I wanted to do was go back to a time when it was just me and DH. There were so many things from my life before being pregnant I missed and craved and I wished I had it all back. If I had my time over, I would have waited to have her.

i guess what I'm saying is, try as hard as you can to focus on yourself and looking after yourself and your relationship with your DH. Think of all the things you won't be able to do with a baby and do that, at much as you can.

please don't see it as your body not working, it will do what it needs to do when it's ready to. And when it happens you can enjoy every moment of your pregnancy but for now ignore the complainers (as much as you can). Good luck with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey starflame I know how your feeling. But please don't despair. When I said treatment I meant things like clomid or injections which aren't expensive. Also doesn't the women's hospital where you live have a reproductive medicine clinic? You can see an actual obs there through the public system. Why is it taking more than a few months for an appointment? You need to take vitex more than 1 month to see if it works. One month isn't enough to give up after. Also it does help to try to focus on something else too whilst ttc. Like a hobby or traveling. I know it's hard and it can feel like it isn't going to happen but if it's something u want you need to find ways to help yourself cope. The 'not caring approach' helped me because my pcos is quite severe....got more than 40 cysts on my ovaries!!! It's hard though and that doesn't work for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I pay $30 for a clomid script and for the min 50mg dose which they start you on, it lasts 2 months. I also agree you need more than one month of vitex. I can notice it working within 48 hours of taking it, but many naturos say min of 3 months.
    Last edited by delirium; 08-06-2013 at 00:00. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told that I wouldn't be able to conceive without help!!! Whilst my very skinny and otherwise fertile doctor was having trouble getting pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the different vitamins everyone is taking.

I have regular periods so I don't think I'll need Vitex and I'm taking Blackmores conceive well and about to switch to Elevit.

My DP and I will be trying to conceive through IUI later in the year so I'm trying to lose weight and prepare my body for best results. I'm going to be starting acupuncture as well.

However it's the vitamins that confuse me most! Different stories from everyone and the lady in my local health food store is a tad vague.

My questions is what else should I be taking? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ok well thank you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twomummas For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Starflame, that really sucks. I don't have any good advice, I'm afraid, but sending you *hugs*..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twomummas View Post
    So I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the different vitamins everyone is taking.

I have regular periods so I don't think I'll need Vitex and I'm taking Blackmores conceive well and about to switch to Elevit.

My DP and I will be trying to conceive through IUI later in the year so I'm trying to lose weight and prepare my body for best results. I'm going to be starting acupuncture as well.

However it's the vitamins that confuse me most! Different stories from everyone and the lady in my local health food store is a tad vague.

My questions is what else should I be taking? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ok well thank you.
    Maybe see a naturopath for some advice?