+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Vitex and vitamin B6..your experiences?

Hi ladies,
    So I've decided to start taking Vitex and vitamin B6 in an attempt to regulate my cycle and hopefully get a sticky bfp! I'm just wondering if you can share your experiences with taking Vitex and vitamin B6? Did it successfully regulate your cycle? Did you get your bfp? Thanks in advance ladies!!

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Can't say anything about regulating your cycle (as mine were regular). But after three months of taking a B-vitamin complex (50mg of B6 plus the other B vitamins too) I have my bfp.

I took it to reduce my spotting before af and it did as well as increasing my luteal phase. I found that it increased my bbt by about 0.2C over my entire cycle - I think it increased the amount of progesterone I produced in the tww. I believe it can improve the quality of your eggs, therefore improving your corpus luteam and progesterone levels in the tww. So it might well be able to help regulate your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After coming off the pill my cycle wasn't as regular as I wanted ( use to be 28 days before). So I tried vitex, it did start to regulate my cycle and we got a bfp first time.
    I would stop after ovulation as I was getting very bad side effects if I took it after ( headaches, mood swings, nausea )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies this is giving me lots of hope. Been TTC #1 for 22 months and I've looked back on some of my charts and preg tests and I think I've experienced a couple of chemical pregnancies. I'm really hoping that this helps! I bought vitex and a vitamin b complex.

How did you take vitex? Did you take it your whole cycle or did you take it up till ovulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    I took it the whole time on Drs advice and stopped when I got my BFP a few days before my missed AF.
    I'm unsure whether to take it the whole way through or not. Does it work better if you take it the whole way through?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not planning on TTC til later this year but have come off the pill early to get my body ready. My first cycle off was 60+ days and I took Vitex for the last 10 days of that cycle (because I had just read about it). I am now taking it throughout my whole cycle until AF starts, then starting up again after AF.

I think it's a good idea to read up on it or talk to your doctor but the 3 main methods I've read are take until you O then stop, take it until BFP then stop, or take it until 3 months pregnant then slowly lower your dose over a few weeks. The last method is apparently because Vitex helps with progesterone and at 3 months the placenta takes over- but you need to decide which method is best for you situation.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

starflame  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Vitex and b6, both from start of cycle. I stopped Vitex at cd 21, kept the b6 going right through til my bottle ran out. I also took a b complex vitamin at the same time as the b6. Apparently, taking a b complex can help you absorb more of the b6, but I don't know if its strictly necessary, (or even if it's true that it helps, I was just desperate to fall pregnant and willing to try anything).

Side note, Vitex made me sick, but it was so worth it. Got my bfp first cycle.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

hansmum  (11-05-2013),Mamasupial  (15-05-2013),starflame  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After 2 miscarriages I started taking vitex this cycle to help with spotting mid cycle. It worked beautifully I think( no spotting at all) until I stopped taking it cd19 after ovulation. Im now cd 21 and I have cramps and spotting. Should I start taking it again tomorrow or wait until next cycle? Thinking I will start taking b6 as well next cycle. BlotchedTabby did you take B6 for your whole cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started taking Vitex last year after 5 months TTC and a miscarriage. I was having 23-25 day cycle with 7-9 day lateal phase. I took it for 2.5 months (every day) until I ran out and the pharmacy was waiting on stock. I had a chemical pregnancy that month.
    I had my first 28 day cyclewith 12day lateal phase the month before.
    I got my hands on some ASAP after that, had a 28day cycle with 14 day LP the next month (September). October must have been very similar as I am now 28 weeks pregnant!
    I was eating high vitamin B foods such as bananas and walnuts for snacks and then lots of green veggies with dinner.
    I highly recommend Vitex!!!
    Wishing you the very best in your TTC journey hope you get your sticky BFP very soon!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mummy and T For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (15-05-2013),starflame  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me it made my cycles even longer so i stopped taking it, but the cases like mine are pretty rare! Most have great success best of luck x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

starflame  (11-05-2013)