+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i feed mine the advanced chicken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i forgot 2 say that my dog is a lab. she eats twice a day, 1.5 cups in the morning an half cup with a 2 by 4 biscit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been feeding our 1 year old border collie mostly various premium dry foods brand depends on sales. But he was never keen on the biscuits except when in treat balls. Always left them till he was starving otherwise. I did start making his food when he was a pup ie mince rice vege mixes, bones, chicken wings etc but had to give it up when ms hit real bad. Have just found a great bulk butcher that delivers and started again and he seems so much happier. Just hope I can keep it up once the baby arrives. My cats are on a prescription vet diet due to bladder issues. Either science or royal canon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My cattle dog gets b.a.r.f fish and supercoat dryfood once per day. She also gets bones, chicken frames and necks when I go out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dog is fed raw mostly. .....
    Chicken necks, chicken hearts, frames,wings, turkey drumsticks, cut up beef, split marrow bones, cooked fish, raw egg and shell, jalna yogurt with cut up cooked sweet potatoes,
    Brown rice and veggies.... probably forgetting a few things...

She hasn't ever coped well with biscuits even as a little pup on RC she got an upset tummy tried other top brands and shes the same

Her current diet works well for her.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've always fed my dogs chicken mince (or if not available -other -pet mince from the butcher) mixed with brown rice and garlic.

The garlic is to keep fleas at bay and the brown rice is to help dilute their urine. (I've never had brown spots on the lawn after starting this feeding regime and apparently the brown rice is to stop the urine being acidic enough to kill lawn).

My dogs get fed this mix (I do cook it) once a day and have access to dry biscuits all the time and bones when I leave them for work (not everytime) or an extended period of time.

Forgotten which poster wrote it, but why not pet mince, why normal mince? I use pet mince because the pet mince while it includes stuff I wouldn't eat, (eg. ground up bones etc) it's stuff that is good for my dogs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have a mastiff x (17 weeks) and an Australian blue cattle (10weeks) pup. They get supercoat puppy dry food once a day (was using pedigree with our mastiff x but for some reason when our oz cattle came along our mastiff went off it and oz cattle refused to touch it so supercoat it was)
    They also get some home made dog food once a day (I make a big batch every week) & every couple of days they get a new bone each. They're pretty content so I'm happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Australian Shepherd gets fed Advance (chicken). He has such a nice coat from this.