+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Get your DH to be at the demo. Mine didnt come to ours (I had it as a bit of a girls night) but it meant that it took a while for him to get confident using it. Now he is very comfortable with it which is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my thermomix. I think it's great, even though I very rarely use it to make dinner.
    I love cooking, I love baking, but not when I have 2 kids at my feet. Thermomix means I can cook what I want, a lot quicker, without having to deal with kids fighting at my feet. I don't even really need to concentrate much.
    I love that I can make my own everything and know what is in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the feedback. I spoke with a consultant this morning. She said she is happy to order me one or do a demo. 5 courses if we get a few of us or she will come and cook risotto if just DH and me. I personally like the idea of a 5 course meal I don't have to cook and I learn something as well!

Will definitely buy one and attend a couple of classes to learn how to use it properly. I'm quite excited now. Sad isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    I LOVE mine. I use it in two main way"

For the I can't be bothered I have a load of recipes where you throw everything in, and let it do it's thing. The most you have to do is cut stuff in quarters and it's all done.
    Please could you share the names so I can google recipes? This may help me!

It does do fantastic custards and mashed potato....

OP, try and get the 5 course demo. Just doing the risotto won't impress you for $2k - it's basically throwing everything in, which is not much different to stovetop apart from the stirring. It's great that you can walk away, but IMO isn't one of the highlights of the machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Please could you share the names so I can google recipes? This may help me!

It does do fantastic custards and mashed potato....

OP, try and get the 5 course demo. Just doing the risotto won't impress you for $2k - it's basically throwing everything in, which is not much different to stovetop apart from the stirring. It's great that you can walk away, but IMO isn't one of the highlights of the machine.
    Agreed I would love these to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why is it so expensive, I bet it only costs a few hundred to make? I want one but no way would I spend that much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Why is it so expensive, I bet it only costs a few hundred to make? I want one but no way would I spend that much.
    It's made in a small factory in France, using German parts. It's nothing like the cheap stuff put together in China.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely get the five course demo! ...and later on get the varoma demo too.

Not hard to get a few friends or family members around for a feed.

I love mine, use it daily...have two bowls to make life a little easier too ( they come on special every now and then )

The cookbooks are awesome, but so many people have one now that there are blogs and forums galore!

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    .have two bowls to make life a little easier too ( they come on special every now and then )

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub
    That's a really good idea, I might look into that myself. I often wish I had one for savoury and one for sweet as DH and I love to chuck in extra garlic etc but I do often think it leaves a residue or slight odour after use. It comes out easily enough with the vinegar wash, but I don't like to make time to do that if I want to do sweet and savoury in the same meal. Nor do I want my sweets with the lingering taste of garlic...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I'll be the negative nancy pants....

I brought one in June last year, used it less than 10 times to cook a full meal. Less than 20 as 'pre-cook' preparation. So basically I've paid $2k for a blender.

I REALLY need to start using it more, so I've booked a few cooking classes and ordered a new cookbook this week. I should be using it more, I'm crazy and have no excuse.

I'd highly recommend attending some cooking classes, check website for your area. They are usually $15 but you get to eat all the food. Usually about 8 dishes are cooked in front of you.

I am the same although I sold it and bought a ken wood multipro food processor that was $250. I use it everyday!!!
    i totally know I am in the minority as they are so well loved!