+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st round of ivf nerves!

Hi ladies i am going through my first cycle of IVF, I had my first scan 2 days ago and the dr found good numbers of follicles on my left but not so much on my right side i had another ultrasound yesterday and found good numbers on both about 14 in total so hopefully there will be some beautiful little eggs on each! egg collection on monday and then implantation a few days after that.. if all goes well that is!... I am nervous, scared, excited and extremely emotional (thank you very much hormones!!)and ver much hoping for a BFP and would really love to hear some success stories to get me through the next few days and of course the dreaded 2ww .. thank you and to other woman in the same boat good luck and I wish you get the BFP were all hoping for xxx
    Amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi amy
    It's nerve-wracking isn't it! And it all depends on who knows how much detail as to how often you get to vent it all out!
    Good luck for your egg collection tomorrow! Fingers crossed they get a heap of nice healthy eggies for you.
    I'm on my 12th day of stimming gaaaahhhh!!! So I can't share a good news story myself but there are plenty of people on BH who have them.

Let us know how your EPU goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you nirok good luck with your cycle also

i just got back from EPU and they collected 12 so im very happy about that
    will find out tomorrow morning on how the little buggers went with fert!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you!!

I expect to be where you are very soon, don't know how I'm gonna get through all the anticipation and waiting!

Let us know how they go...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

aimz1980  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck ladies. I did my first IVF cycle nearly a year ago. I had 16 eggs collected, 11 fertilized & 3 made it to 5 day blastocysts. My first transfer was a chemical pregnancy but I did a FET in September & I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant the 2WW is terrible, just try to keep as busy as possible! Just ask if you have any questions, happy to answer & best of luck to you all xox

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cant wait to be a mummy For This Useful Post:

aimz1980  (14-05-2013),Butterfly39  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi aimz1980,I too had my first epu this morning and also collected 12 eggs.

Congratulations for making it this far.
    It's sure is a rollercoaster.
    I'm kinda happy with myself,I feel like Im stronger than I thought I would be for a first timer.

Keep us posted about your results tomorrow.I'm more nervous now than ever about these fertilisation results,probably won't sleep tonight:-)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allygirl For This Useful Post:

aimz1980  (14-05-2013),Butterfly39  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all found out this morning that 10 of the little darlings fertilised!!!
    I am going in tomorrow morning for a 2 emby transfer .... so excited and very very nervous and am dreading the 2ww it is going to take all i have not to test early!!!

allygirl i hope your eggs played nice and fertilised well please keep me posted on your progress x... crossing fingers that we both get a BFP real soon

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amy, hope you don't me jumping in.
    I had a cancelled cycle in feb and now waiting for aug to try again. Just wondering was it your choice or the fs choice to have two emybs transferred?? I'm guessing your the same age as me? 33?? My DH has always wanted for us to have two emybs transferred, just to get it all out of the way hoping two fertilise and all but the fs doesn't recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Aimz on your great fertilisation rates.10 is fantatstic:-)
    Good luck for transfer tomorrow!

We have 5 fertilised embies and I have a five day blastocyte transfer booked for Saturday if all goes well and they stay super strong.fingers crossed as toes,and legs etc etc!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to allygirl For This Useful Post:

aimz1980  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    allygirl that is fabulous i will be crossing everything crossable that your emby transfer is successful !!