+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby who hates being changed... Help!

My son is 5 days old & he absolutely HATES being changed.. It's the only time he will really cry... How do I get him to settle when changing him?? As nothing seems to work so far....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our bub was the same. I would cry when I changed him, cause he'd get so hysterical......turns out its completely normal. Your bub isn't used to having clothes put on or taken off and it's a bit of an overload for them, but it settles down after a week or two, as they get used to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 3 week old is the same only time he cries really. I'm breast feeding and find if I give him one side then change him and give him the other side, he's full
    of milk so a bit more settled and easy to change. He's only 3 weeks and so strong kicks and rolls on his side when you change him. I try talking or singing to him but doesn't really work too well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I'm glad to hear its normal. It's so heart breaking watching them upset... I do the same.. Feed him on one side, change him, then give him the other side. He settles as soon as you pick him up, it's just while he's being changed I can't settle him I wasn't sure whether I should try a heat pack or something to keep him warm when changing or whether I should just let it go... Just hate seeing him upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine is the same, just weed through everything so screamed when I hate to change his whole outfit, as soon as I pick him up he's fine. I don't think they like being cold out of a warm bed, don't blame them!