+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First world problem! Not making light of your dilemma OP, I just hate that people feel as if they should hide away whilst doing something completely natural, especially in your own home.

I would feed as normal, if parents have an issue then it's their own ignorance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two main issues, as mentioned here, were parents getting upset and embarrassing my son. As Biscotti said, the parents are all aware I have a newborn so they should be aware of the risks of them seeing me breastfeed. So major concern is my son. I spoke to him about it and he shrugged his shoulders and said 'I don't care' as he does in his pre-teen way. So if it doesn't bother him it doesn't bother me.
    Thanks all for the advice.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steph83 For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (10-05-2013),oozzle  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go to another room unless bub is really distractable and will want to hop off and take a look around.

My DD2 is 13 months and I can't feed her in a room full of people, especially people she doesn't know because she'd much rather look at them than feed.

It is your home and you shouldn't have to hide away but at the same time I don't think you should sit there and feed if you don't feel comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I didn't breastfeed in front of DS1's friends because I knew it would embarrass him.

It doesn't have to be a political statement. If a child that age doesn't want his friends to see his mother's boobs, why make him suffer through it?
    Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph83 View Post
    My two main issues, as mentioned here, were parents getting upset and embarrassing my son. As Biscotti said, the parents are all aware I have a newborn so they should be aware of the risks of them seeing me breastfeed. So major concern is my son. I spoke to him about it and he shrugged his shoulders and said 'I don't care' as he does in his pre-teen way. So if it doesn't bother him it doesn't bother me.
    Thanks all for the advice.
    Soo.. Why post and ask us then?? Look, tbh i dont care. I wouldnt do it however as i know dss would be embarrassed. If your son is ok and you feel ok doing it.. Then do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    Soo.. Why post and ask us then?? Look, tbh i dont care. I wouldnt do it however as i know dss would be embarrassed. If your son is ok and you feel ok doing it.. Then do it.

Ummm I asked to get opinions and advice, which is what I got, and then I used those opinions and advice to come to a resolution...is that not what forums are for? If you 'don't care' why did you post a response? and as for the 'first world problem' remark by another poster if i had a real world problem I wouldn't ask for advice on a forum I would be calling an ambulance or police or a doctor.
    Why do some people get nasty when you ask for opinions???

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steph83 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-05-2013),Ashram  (12-05-2013),lambjam  (11-05-2013),LoveLivesHere  (12-05-2013),Mod-Myztik  (12-05-2013),Mopoke  (10-05-2013),oozzle  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post

Because it's the point of forums?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe she wanted some reassurance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app