+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yea she's always been 3rd percentile and has followed along the line. But I was giving her formula during night when she wouldn't feed. But I've tried to stop that now cos its not what i wanna do and I know she knows how to feed now where as initially we had lots of feeding issues. Plus I think the formulas been giving her a bad tummy ache( I'm not sure though).
    I think sometimes we have to trust instincts rather than science. I still worry though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by march2013 View Post
    Yea she's always been 3rd percentile and has followed along the line. But I was giving her formula during night when she wouldn't feed. But I've tried to stop that now cos its not what i wanna do and I know she knows how to feed now where as initially we had lots of feeding issues. Plus I think the formulas been giving her a bad tummy ache( I'm not sure though).
    I think sometimes we have to trust instincts rather than science. I still worry though!
    Your absolutely right about following your mummy instincts. Sounds like your doing a great job. Shes gaining weight and sleeping well. If shes having plenty of wet/dirty nappies )though when your breast feeding the dirty ones not as much) don't worry. Let her sleep when she wants. She WILL wake when shes hungry. remember too, bubs grow in their sleep so she might be having a growth spurt...in a few days she might start waking again or feeding more frequently during the day. Please don't let these health nurses make you feel bad that your bub is small. She was obviously smallish born and sounds like she might be a smallish child. My DS was over the 98th percentile born and followed it til he was about 8 months. At our 8 month check he was on the 50th and the health nurse said he needed to put on MORE weight. He was having 3/4 big breast feeds a day and 3 solid meals a day. plus he was crawling/scooting too. As soon as she said he needed to gain more weight I knew I knew better. I couldn't physically feed him anymore. Follow your instincts and enjoy your good nights sleep. Not every one is that fortunate . Your doing a great job!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by march2013 View Post
    Would you let your baby sleep without waking them for a feed? Mines almost 10 weeks.
    During the night? Would depend if they fed well as in, every 2hrs during the day and weight gain is on track. If so, then i would say let him sleep as long as he wants during the night. He is obviously getting enough in the day to last him a solid night. My ds was sleeping thru 8pm-6am from 9 weeks. He was feeding 1-2hrly during the day and gaining heaps of weight. That all changed from 3mths though. Went to total ****. Just warning you. So trust me when i say, enjoy it while it lasts!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea I've tried to not use formula now. Only there as an emergency feed. As in today she hasn't fed well at all. But luckily I had EBM to give her.