+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long overnight

Would you let your baby sleep without waking them for a feed? Mines almost 10 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For the first couple of weeks, I'd let them sleep up to 6 hours, after 6 weeks, however long they wanted! My DD1 slept 8hrs a night from 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you've made me feel better. She slept 12-7 I heard her stir a couple and i got up and organised to feed came back and asleep again! It was 9 hours in Between feeds though. Is that too long. I actually got up And expressed Cos I was engorged

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as she has no problems putting on weight, and is getting a decent number of feeds within 24 hours, I'd just be happy at the opportunity for sleep

I still worry when my 7.5 month old goes that long without feeding... but she's happy and healthy, so is obviously getting what she needs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD started doing 10-6 at about 10 weeks. She wasn't phased by it but my god, my the next morning I was ready to explode haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I got up and fed her last night/ she wasn't interested but I worried and gave her EBM and then she didn't feed well this morning so maybe she is getting enough without a night feed? I'm so confused.
    She is in 3rd percentile so I am under pressure for her to put on weight. But maybe now she's a better feeder in general she's getting enough during day. I'm just so unsure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From 2 days old my DS only woke once during the night. I would feed him every 2 hours (or when he wanted it) during the day and id give him a feed at 9.30ish (dream feed), before I went to bed and he would wake around 2am. At 6 weeks ish he was going from that 9.30ish feed through to around 6am. I would NEVER get up in the middle of the night unless he woke for a feed. Yes I was lucky but I would NEVER wake a sleeping baby to feed them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she's only on the 3rd percentile I would probably wake once to feed. Is she jaundice at all?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by march2013 View Post
    So I got up and fed her last night/ she wasn't interested but I worried and gave her EBM and then she didn't feed well this morning so maybe she is getting enough without a night feed? I'm so confused.
    She is in 3rd percentile so I am under pressure for her to put on weight. But maybe now she's a better feeder in general she's getting enough during day. I'm just so unsure.
    Just saw this. WHere was she on the percentile when she was born? If she was low on the charts born don't stress. My bubs were both above the 98th born and continued along it until they started moving. Some bubs are just small. SO long as she is gaining weight, even a little its ok.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My little guy is 10 weeks and has an 8-9 hour sleep at night, I don't wake him.. He is very vocal in letting me know when he's hungry, so I just let him take the lead and do as he wants..
    My bub was very big for his supposed age though, and has put on lots of weight steadily. If this wasn't the case, I'd wake him once for a feed overnight.