+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Playroom colour inspiration needed!

I am going to be making our spare room into a playroom for DD next week... only problem is I have no idea what colour/colours to do it (and hubby is of no help)

The room is a standard 2.9m x 2.9m with a half wall window and a built in floor-to ceiling wardrobe. The walls are currently a light violet colour (very very light).

I am hoping to make the room fun and bright however as its not a huge room I have no idea how to make it fun without making it too overwhelming/make the room feel small.

Any ideas?? All suggestions welcome from paint colours to decals to floor rugs etc.
    Oh and I want it to be unisex design just in case we have a DS in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are about to start converting half of our garage into a playroom. I was thinking of painting each wall a different colour but think I'll probably just use beige like the rest of our house and put up heaps of fun/bright pictures.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to new mum 15809 For This Useful Post:

Isabellabean  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about wall decals? You can get big pictures to cover the wall like a tree with all different animals in it. That would be fun to find the animals.
    Or like balloons on a wall. Maybe keep the walls the light colour and put a big decal on one wall and a few small animal decals at the bottom of the other wall and leave one side blank. Will try find a site with decals to give u an idea

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368162700.565642.jpg

https://www.thewallstickercompany.co...ies/BOYS-ROOM/

It says boys room but so unisex

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

Isabellabean  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumping in case anyone else has any ideas for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were going to do our dd's room checker we moved. I wanted to put a decal along the middle of the wall horizontally, to cut the wall in VB half, then do a bright, candy pink and bright almost lime green vertical stripes in the bottom half. Plain white on the top half.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Niki24 For This Useful Post:

Isabellabean  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have small bedrooms so painted only one wall in each a bright colour (like a feature wall) and put wall decals up.

DD has a green wall with pink flowers and DS has a bright blue wall with vehicles on it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd keep the room a neutral colour and decorate it with bright wall stickers or bright framed pictures/canvasses.
    Feature walls are a bit outdated now, and you don't want to paint the whole room one bright colour which can be quite overwhelming for kids.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post: