+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And just for laughs, here is my son after I carried him from one end to other, lol ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368185673.359757.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (11-05-2013),Little Miss Muffet  (11-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (12-05-2013),VicPark  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ahhh the terrible 2s, gotta love em NOT!

DS did it pretty bad from about 27 months then was ok a little after 3
    DD is 2 in a few weeks and thus far shes fine. I say we're leaving she quickly follows in tow. Not saying it won't ever happen that would be dreaming lol but totally feel you OP as ds was a massive tanty thrower

Me(21) DH(25) DS(4) DD(2) +Tank (mastiff x)
    Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    My almost 5 year old still has tantrums

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS has at least a tantrum a day - he's 16 months. The coming years are very frightening for me. I actually had a man in the supermarket tell me how serious my DS was, whilst DS was staring him down from the trolley. DS seems to wake up grumpy these days, literally threw his sippy cup on the floor first things this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I think may have helped a little bit is dd1 starting to grasp the concept of things being open or closed. So we have to leave because it's closing time (yep even the park "closes" ) and it can help with morning dawdling because we have to hurry and get to wherever before it "closes". Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Do y'all give warnings before leaving? "We're leaving in 10 minutes... We're leaving in 5 minutes... 2 minutes" etc?

Does distracting a child help? Eg when you are leaving, pull on a shiny something they haven't seen in ages and say "mummy needs your help carrying this, can you help me?"

Just trying to figure out if anything helps or if I am doomed when my hold hits the terrible 2's...
    For me it doesn't help as my tantrums are generally caused by me refusing to buy toys.

So unless I were to give in, there is no reasoning. And I refuse to give in and raise a spoilt brat.

I used to look/stare/judge others but now I get how hard and how physically strong they can be to restrain without using hitting/smacking etc.

Now I sympathize, it's not easy.

I travelled Perth/Sydney 4 weeks ago with my 2 boys alone and ds2 was a noghtmare. He headbuts, bites, pinches. Was I embarrased? I guess a bit but I really just feel sad for my kid coz he won't calm down for hours .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    And just for laughs, here is my son after I carried him from one end to other, lol Attachment 36322
    Lol that looks so familiar!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i give her ample warnings when it's coming up time to leave...."5 more minutes and it's time to go home for lunch..." or "one more slide and then we have to go...." or "one last swing....." i bribe with food "do you want a happy meal on the way home?...then we have to say goodbye to the park".
    I ask her to help me find our car and she can hold my keys if she comes with me now (she knows what our car looks like).

I havent tried "the park is closing" thats a good one!

As someone else said, i can do all this till the cows come home. toddlers are really really stubborn little things, so ive learnt. It keeps going till the are 3? god help me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hugs! DS is 2 and this sort of tantrums happens on a daily basis. Few times a day.
    I peeled his mandarin; he throws a tanty.
    I opened his yogurt, he screams
    I ate his chip, he cries
    The list goes on, it seems he screams and cries over anything and everything that doesn't goes his way. I usually ignore him until he's calm then I would try to talk to him. Or I would try to distract him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Da is 13m and he has started tantrums! Throws himself on the ground just like the picture above! Just lays there flat and cries. I try and figure out what caused it but its hard. I think he wants picking up constantly. I try give food and he throws it and more tanty!

So I'm dreading the 2s-3s!! I think I will just stand there and wait for him to give in. Just calmly tell him I will wait until he is finished. Wonder how long I will be standing in a shopping isle for!!!