+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2 year old and dealing with tantrums....

This morning dd put on a doozey of a tantrum when it was time to go home from the park. we had been there an hour, it was lunch time and ds was grizzling for a feed.
    In front of alot of others, she scremed from the top of the slide and wouldnt come down. I asked her nicely in a nice voice and explained what was happening. After 15mins i got her down (i had to go up there) and i said to say goodbye to the park. then she threw herself on the floor and screamed. I had ds in the baby carrier, so i couldnt really get down to her level or pick her up. I was so embarrassed. People were watching all of this happen. I didnt know what else to do, So i stood there and gave her death stares and mumbled under my voice "never am i bringing you out in public again you feral child!"
    Anyways, it took us 45 mins to walk back to the car because she kept dropping to the ground.
    Got home and i had an overtired 2 year old who now refused her lunch and a starving baby!! So dd went straight to bed with no lunch and crying in hysterics.
    All i tried for was a nice outing to the park on such a pretty day. Turned out to be so stressful , it was awful.
    Lunch will be here for her when she wakes but i hope her mood has improved. i dont know why she turned on me when we had to go.
    Such a dissapointing morning.
    Why do they do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh you poor thing that sounds exactly like my morning! You take them somewhere nice then they act like that, it makes you never want to take them out again! I have no advice, my DD is 2.5 and I total tantrum thrower, I hate the public ones so usually just resort to bribery lol. And I hate how people stare as though they have never seem a crying toddler lol. Hope she wakes up happier for you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry but I have to laugh, only because my DS did this today too! We went to the local market and there is a Lindy farm there, I paid $7 for that. (Expensive!!) and then another $5 coz e spotted the jumping castle!! Anyway he had been on the jumping castle for roughly an hour and it was getting near lunch time, I went and got him and said its time to I buddy and he LOST IT!! SCREAMED and cried REAL tears and lots of mothers were staring. Sooo embarrassing!! He has never been a difficult kid but ever since we have neared the 2 year mark he's been acting up a fair bit

Where has my MELLOW baby gone o?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 year old went through a horrible phase of doing this. I mean everytime we went anywhere and it was time to go home she would chuck the biggest tantrums (even Coles wtf?) both me and her dad were totally losing the confidence to take her anywhere because we just new it would end in drama. I don't know what happened but she just kind of stopped doing it everytime then did it only occasionaly and now only every now and then.
    I feel your pain- it is soooo embarrasing And frustrating .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to reply because your morning sounds extremely similar to mine! We also left the park with my 27 month old DS in hysterics and everybody staring at us (because he didn't want to leave). We had had such a nice morning and it's so disappointing that it ended like this. It's very disheartening. As soon as he hit 2 we noticed a big change in his behaviour. I am hoping it's just something that will pass (and not get worse when he hits 3 like I have heard from others ). I will be listening to any advice offered as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad im not alone! must be the age for it.
    DD is 27 months. she does whatever she wants when we are out, i have little control over her. She bolts and isnt affraid if im not there or following. im sure im going to loose her one day. wont hear a harness, wont stay in the stroller, wont stay in a trolley, screams in the car and it's a whole new tantrum to get her into the car. If i let her walk her baby strollers or whatever, she quickly looses interest in them and i end up having to hold them. Pain in the bum.
    So i end up taking her to the park pretty much as our only outing these days where she can run for her life beause its all enclosed. But today made me feel like we cant even go to the park! i hate staying home, she trashes the house and gets bored! She's really testing me latley. Playgroup, daycare, library, park......it's all not enough for her 2 second attention span and freaking tantrums at the drop f a hat. and i have a 4mth old as well!!!! arghhh!!
    Sorry for the rant, im not enjoing this stage right now! On a good day, she's awesome. but we dont get alot of good days.
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 10-05-2013 at 15:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, ds1 just turned three a week ago and still does,this. U can reason with a toddler hey?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 yr old DS still does it.

I just deal with it. I don't care anymore if anyone's watching.

If normal reasoning doesn't work I tell him I'll chuck out all his toys and that usually works.

Not ideal but when ds2 starts to copy his big brother most of my sense of rationale goes out the window!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    My 3 yr old DS still does it.

I just deal with it. I don't care anymore if anyone's watching.

If normal reasoning doesn't work I tell him I'll chuck out all his toys and that usually works.

Not ideal but when ds2 starts to copy his big brother most of my sense of rationale goes out the window!
    Yeah lol.. I dont care either who is watching

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM I have a 26 month old and 4 month old too. I feel your pain