+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gentle baby movement - quiet kids?

Just wondering if babies that are gentle in the womb come out as gentle/quiet babys? I know my bub (due in august) can kick hard if she wants to but most days she just rolls or gives me very gentle little kicks and flutters. I'm 27 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think there is any correlation. How hard they kick is affected by factors like how much room they have, how big they are etc. I don't think it's a "personality" thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply - I guess I'm just keen guess at bubs personality

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Candiceo For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My belly boy is so much more rambunctious than my girl was! It's unbelievable sometimes, makes me wonder what he's up to in there because he doesn't appear to sleep very much :O

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a gentle baby in the womb... she moved a lot but not too many foreceful kicks, it just felt like she was rolling around a lot.

She is the most energetic child I have ever met haha. I actually don't know how someone can have so much energy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definately not the case here! I only ever felt fairly gentle rolling type sensations with DS1, never any sharp (sometimes very painful) jabs & kicks like DS2.

DS1 wasn't a quiet baby and certainly isn't a quiet toddler!! For me it all had to do with the position of their placentas I think - it was anterior with DS1, so movemets were more 'muffled' and posterior with DS2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I had a crazy baby in the womb, crazy baby on the outside.... So maybe...

She was seriously kicking and fighting against contractions even. Or like when I'd roll over in bed if I put her in the wrong position she'd kick the crap out of me until I moved. I even got so fed up with her keeping me awake at night in utero I would rock my belly to get her to sleep. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe there is some correlation between unborn baby's movements & future personalities! Just because they aren't born, doesn't mean they don't already display traits of their potential extroverted or introverted character.

My first DS was VERY quiet whilst in the womb. Even in late pregnancy, all I felt were a few small movements down very low (it was his hands) & quite infrequently. It worried me to no end, but he was a big healthy boy once born! He is now almost 4 years old He is an excellent sleeper (slept through the night from 6 weeks of age) & his personality is best described as sensitive, quiet, shy & reserved. So I guess those traits really did "match" his first movements.

This baby I am currently pregnant with on the other hand, is quite a lot more active, so we are really keen to see whether it will be as passive as our DS or the opposite

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS was not very active in the womb, I had to constantly count how many times he would move but once he arrived there was no stopping him! He was trying to crawl/walk/run at a really early age! He is a very active full on child

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD kicked a lot in the womb and still kicks a lot. I thought DS was quite still in the womb (except for when he'd move his head away from DD's feet) - but then I had the occasion to be awake between 1am and 3am for a few nights and discovered he was actually quite active but I was just usually asleep and missed it.
    Even though DD seemed to be the most active in utero, it is DS who has just started pulling to stand and nearly cruising while DD isn't even commando crawling yet.