+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you get Pre-eclampsia in your second pregnancy?

I developed PE at around 33 weeks in my first pregnancy, well, that was when it was diagnosed. My baby was delivered by c-section at 33 weeks and 6 days as I developed fluid on my lungs.

Just wondering how many people also went on to develop PE in their second pregnancy as well?

Did your OB/Gyn put you on a treatment regime to try to prevent PE in your second pregnancy. If so, what was it? Do you believe it helped?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had PE at 39 weeks with DS1. Didn't get it at all with DS2. In fact my BP was low the entire pregnancy. I put it down to a completely different lifestyle though. With DS1 I was working, I put on more than 30kgs, I wasn't active & I ate crap. With DS2 I was a SAHM, I put on about 14kgs, I walked and walked and walked as much as possible, I used an exercise bike and did Pilates, and while I still enjoyed my food, I made healthier choices. I basically looked after myself. I also did Calm birth classes and used the meditation stuff throughout the last couple of months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I had pe with ds and am now pregnant with #2. There's no way I want to be induced again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I got it with my second. The myth about not getting it in additional pregnancies is a load of crap. I got it more severe second time around. Was induced at 35 weeks after being on several blood pressure medications which were failing to work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lisaandshaun For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaandshaun View Post
    Yep I got it with my second. The myth about not getting it in additional pregnancies is a load of crap. I got it more severe second time around. Was induced at 35 weeks after being on several blood pressure medications which were failing to work.
    Can I ask whether you were taking aspirin our any other "preventatives"?

Did your PE develop earlier or later in your second pregnancy?

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum had had first two babies no PE then mild PE with the third and then slightly less mild PE with the fourth she was put on bed rest and went into labour naturally at 36 weeks because of it.

They thought I was developing it but I had baby before it was an actual issue for me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have sent you a message.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I developed PE suddenly and severly at 33 weeks and had a c section that day. Second pregnancy no sign of it at all, had a healthy bub at 37 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I developed PE at around 33 weeks in my first pregnancy, well, that was when it was diagnosed. My baby was delivered by c-section at 33 weeks and 6 days as I developed fluid on my lungs.

Just wondering how many people also went on to develop PE in their second pregnancy as well?

Did your OB/Gyn put you on a treatment regime to try to prevent PE in your second pregnancy. If so, what was it? Do you believe it helped?
    I got pe at 25 weeks in 1st pregnancy, because I had it so early they told me from the start ill get it again what ever they did, I was started on low dose aspirin at 12 weeks! It got me through until I had a c/section at 37 weeks!