+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunshinebell, King Eddie is the best hospital for maternity care, so if you end up there, you will be well cared for. I think it's negative reputation is more about the environment. Kaleeya has a great rep too!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (31-05-2013),Sunshinebell  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently had a c section at sjog and in terms of of fees for the birth, HBF covered everything except for $170.

HBF covered the anaesthetist, the obstetrician fees, my stay in hospital for 5 nights, my husbands stay in hospital for 5 nights including all meals. From what I can tell, the $170 out of pocket expenses was for ted stockings to wear in theatre and medication ( they prescribed iron tablets as my blood showed I was a bit low).

So basically HBF covered about $10k worth of expenses.

I think some of the disadvantages of public is that you do not see an ob at each appointment and if you do, it may be a different ob at each appointment and then a different ob again at the birth. A friend of mine gave birth at king Edward, they ended up booking her in for a c section. On the day of the scheduled c section she sat at the hospital all day before they sent her home at 5. The she had to go in and have the c section the next day.

It made me feel much more confident and relaxed to build a relationship with my ob and have him there for the births.

I also think they send you home a bit early in public hospitals. Although some people like this. I stayed for 6 nights after my first child and 5 with my second. I do not agree that they should send you home before your milk comes in or before BF is established.

I would not like to share a room either. It was great to have my husband stay for the whole time I was in hospital and after 1 night they moved us to a double bed which was nice.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (22-07-2013),Pilbara  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a really difficult decision! I'm struggling...thanks to everyone for sharing

Sunshinebell, if you are classed as high risk, then honestly king eddies is where you want to be. I was transferred there from the family birth centre in the middle of labour with DD as her heart rate started to decline during contractions. In the end, I had a vacuum assisted delivery because she needed to be delivered "now!"... They were exceptional... I have no idea what it would be like for prenatal care, I imagine there might be a bit of waiting if emergency cases arrived...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby died at 9.5 weeks, I have to have at D&C tomorrow. Good luck to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So so sorry to hear that mymiraclebubba. Huge hugs to you xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sorry to hear that mymiraclebubba. Best of luck for everything from here. Feel free to check back in & let us know how you're going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thoughts are with you and your partner
    mymiraclebubba. Bear in mind that there are support groups on Bubhub if you need it. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No words can ease your pain & loss. I am so soory to hear you have lost your bubba.
    Just know we are all here if you need to talk.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mymiraclebubba View Post
    My baby died at 9.5 weeks, I have to have at D&C tomorrow. Good luck to you all.

Im so sorry mymiraclebubba... I've no words that can hope to help, just know that we are all thinking of you...

xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really sorry for your loss mymiraclebubba xxx hope your ok.

Bit quite in hear, just wondering if there's a second trim thread?