+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PERTH first trimester mums

Hi
    Hoping to build some new mumma networks through bh.
    I got my bfp last week at 4wks and back for second bloods tomorrow.

Any Perth mums in first trimester?
    Its also my first pregnancy, through ivf, after ttc 8yrs.

Me 36 Dh 41

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Count me in. 6w4d and had a scan today, so excited we have a heartbeat. It has been a very big roller coaster til now but it looks like all will be just fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

I live in the eastern suburbs & I'm 10w5d. This is our first too

Congrats on your BFP Sunshinebell! You must be very excited!

I know the feeling mymiraclebubba, we saw the heartbeat at 7+5, DH was over the moon. I can't wait to see him at our NT scan in a bit more than a week.

Where are you planning to give birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TaylorMade,

We're NOR. I'm hoping to go to SJOG Subi, just looking for an OB. I was going to go with my FS for the sake of 'it's easier' but she only delivers at Murdoch or Mercy and Murdoch is too far for us, as it is, Subi is a bit of a distance. I was reading about Dr. Adam Gubbay last night but I'm concerned now that I'll only be able to get in with my FS anyway because I'm nearly 7 weeks, apparently everyone gets booked out well before 6 weeks. What about everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should call Adam's rooms on Monday. It's early days and people do have to drop out, sadly. After telling my husband i was pregnant, Adam was my first phone call, so I'm in for a January spot even though I will deliver in late December by CS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we weren't expecting to get pregnant so quickly, so I've come in just under my 12 month waiting period for my PHI, so I'm forced to go public.

I'm not too upset about it, we went & did the tour at swan districts and it all seems fairly good. It's a birth centre & by the looks & sounds of it, the midwives there are all for natural births with very little intervention, which is really what I'm after. I'm hoping for a textbook, low risk pregnancy & birth, as I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of spending a lot of time in hospital!

Hopefully bub just grows & arrives without any drama, and I can have my next baby privately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Board hoopping here. Taylormade have you thought about the birthcentre at King eddies? its midwife led and for low risk pregnancy. Its juts Swans districs is a regular public hopsital not a birthcentre. You may still get the care and birth you want butin my experience your chances are greater at the birth centre. Pm me if you want more info im final year student midwife and work in most places in Perth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Elle, yes KEMH birth centre was my first choice, but the two hospitals are related anyway, if something goes wrong at SDH they send you to KEMH. DH was keen on swan districts as its closer to home for us, and we're planning to move house before baby is born, so it will be closer still.
    My GP has already booked me into Swan & they've already sent me my antenatal appt times and everything, so the only reason I'd try change now is if I go there and am not happy with the care. Only a week to go until my first midwife appt. Thanks though

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello
    10 wks with second bubba. first baby was ICSI but luckily fell naturally with this bubba which i call a miracle lol.
    going public armadale this time due to costs of Privae so havent meet ob yet. had so many scans and tests with first so anxious for my scan to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taylormade, I've been to SDH once and swore I would never go back after a m/c. I've got a friend from another group who is also going there although she may end up at KEMH due to weight issues and while so far she has been happy with them, I believe they recently 'forgot' to schedule her anatomy scan. We must be from the same area.