+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Goodluck I had my first baby at home in May. It was fierce and beautiful and so lovely to just be so comfortable in my own space. I gave birth at 6.39pm so we just had dinner then hopped into bed after as a family

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    Goodluck I had my first baby at home in May. It was fierce and beautiful and so lovely to just be so comfortable in my own space. I gave birth at 6.39pm so we just had dinner then hopped into bed after as a family
    That's wonderful. I'm glad everything went well.

I told my parents. They don't really like the idea and they also know almost nothing about homebirth except for what is in the media. Fortunately they respect my decision and at the moment I don't think they'll try and convince me otherwise! I have thought about taking my Mum to meet one of my midwifes as one of the pp suggested; mostly she is just worried which is pretty natural for a mum.

It took Mum about 5-10mins after I told her I was pregnant to ask which hospital we were going to!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has met both my of my homebirth midwives (I have had two homebirths, and a different middie attending each). She loved it! Loved getting the chance to meet the person "taking care of me" and both times she got all teary and huggy. LOL! I think it is natural for parents to worry about anything and everything, I know my mum would also have worried if I gave birth in hospital.
    I'm glad they respect your choice and wish you all the best on your pregnancy & birth journey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-07-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, that is an excellent idea to get your Mum to meet the MW, I'm sure it will ease her mind no end

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-07-2013)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Thanks for all your help, I just wanted to update the thread if anyone comes across it & wonders how it all went.

I had a beautiful homebirth on the 22/01/14 and can't imagine how much more stressful it would have been if I had been going into hospital. It was lovely being in my own space, on my own time & having a great support team of my DH & two midwives around me. Homebirth was definitely the right decision for me. Hopefully now my parents might be a bit more open minded (though my Mum thought I was being irresponsible for having a physiological third stage and a bit weird for wanting to eat the placenta)! Both bub & I are going great.

Eta: I did take my Mum to meet one of my midwives several times & it did help her understand the current medical/obstetrics care & intervention rates etc in a hospital (as opposed to what it was like 25+ years ago) and think it helped her feel more reassured that I was in good hands.

Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 31-01-2014 at 14:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    Thanks for all your help, I just wanted to update the thread if anyone comes across it & wonders how it all went.

I had a beautiful homebirth on the 22/01/14 and can't imagine how much more stressful it would have been if I had been going into hospital. It was lovely being in my own space, on my own time & having a great support team of my DH & two midwives around me. Homebirth was definitely the right decision for me. Hopefully now my parents might be a bit more open minded (though my Mum thought I was being irresponsible for having a physiological third stage and a bit weird for wanting to eat the placenta)! Both bub & I are going great.

Eta: I did take my Mum to meet one of my midwives several times & it did help her understand the current medical/obstetrics care & intervention rates etc in a hospital (as opposed to what it was like 25+ years ago) and think it helped her feel more reassured that I was in good hands.

Congrats hun, good on you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (31-01-2014)