+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks to you all so much!

You've given me some great ideas and I really believe meal planning for the week will make a huge difference to my stress levels . I just run to the shop with both kids on the way home from therapies and end up she spending a fortune as I have no list, no plan, no nothing .

I'm going to make a meal plan for a week and choose recipes that I can make lots of and freeze the leftovers. My son just went to bed I'm now off to the shop to but some more containers and foil trays.

I let go of expectations long ago about being a perfect housewife , im far from it . But I try to be a good mum . I devote every minute to the kids and their needs, and I don't give a stuff about the rest like housework , cooking gourmet meals etc . But even still , it's just not good for us to be living on crap. We are spending far more money than we can afford on quick easy food and I don't know , I don't know what I'm saying, I am just drowning a little these days .

I need abit of order in this house . We are out of the house for therapy 4 days a week by around 9:30 am there's no time for preparation in the morning, freezer meals are really going to be the best alternative for me . There's alot of things in my life out of my control at the moment , even just having control over this small thing will help immensely . Knowing I have pre prepared meals and luck box snacks for my daughter will be a huge weight off my shoulders also . She's quite a good eater at the moment and I don't want to jeopardise that , especially as she's eating lunch on the go so many days a week .

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to reply , I know this topic has prob been done to death on here .

As for the slow cooker I am shopping online tonight for one , and I just brought the TASTE app to get freezer friendly recipes .

Thanks again . I already feel slightly less stressed just having some direction .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Nearly anything will freeze, somethings freeze better than others but seriously most thing freeze. Always freeze your leftover even if it not enough for everyone for dinner. Some nights you can do everyone get a different dinner night. Or for when someone works late etc..

When your making a meal make it a double batch and freeze it. If you can set a few hours aside a month why not do a huge cook up and freeze. I often do 14 to 18 meals in 3 or 4 hours. I use the coles foil trays they are bigger than woolies but woolies one would suit a smaller family.

You can always make a basic mince and veg mix up and than serve it a few ways. eg one night add soy sauce as heating and serve in lettuce cups, another night add some tomato paste/tinned tomato and serve with pasta, another night add some gravy mix and make it into a shepherd's pie with some mash potato or a plain pie with some puff pastry, yet another night serve with rice for a simple meal or even just on toast

Lately chicken has been cheap so why not make leg/thighs etc a few different ways and freeze eg honey and soy/ sticky bbq, country fried, roasted, casseroled, apricot, lemon etc...

By keeping the ingredients simple and having a few key ingredient the same you can save a heap of time and money.

When I cook lasagna I never cook 1. I normally make 5 as it just as quick and saves me so much time later on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Of course!

I use those zip lock bags - chuck in meat - throw in sauce ingredients and massage a little! ( I don't measure I just put in what I think!)

The basic Chinese marinade is chinese cooking wine ( shao sing wine) and either Tamari or soy sauce or I usually do:
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing will reply tomorrow when.not on.my phone

Some great ideas ladies :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like freezing quiches. Quick, healthy and yummy. Plus you can put any left over veges in them which makes them cheap too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sometimes I just throw grated veg in scrambled eggs! Kids both actually eat that

Steak sandwiches are quick and easy, or fried egg/bacon and egg. Load them with salad

I cooked a massive roast last night we had it tonight, still have half! Will have to freeze what we don't use tomorrow in sangas. I cooked enough veg for 3 nights as well.

Spag bog is a go to.

Veg sticks and dip with a boiled egg.

Frittata.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another here who doesn't know what I'd do without my slow cooker! Use it all the time.
    Prepare early in the day is my big help. I like to prepare in the mornings but if I can't when kids are eating lunch or I've put one down for a nap. That's when you can prepare mostly everything ready just for cooking later on.
    There is no way I do dinner at night, come 430-5 kids won't let me do much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just bought a new slow cooker that has a bowl that you can use to sear the food first. Saves time and washing up and adds extra flavour. It's a Breville.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We usually get 2 meals out of everything we cook but one that is super easy!

Whenever we have roast or steamed veggies I always cook heaps extra and make veggie patties and just add tuna or salmon for DDs. They freeze well too. We use them for hamburgers but you could do whatever with them.