+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't spoken to my dad in 5 years and couldn't be happier.

When I fell pregnant with DD1 he called me alot of abusive names and disowned me.

So I have chosen to never bother trying with him nor with his side of the family. They are all nasty people.

But the nurve of the guy told my sister he wishes to be known as Pop. Well as far as I am concerned he has no right to want to be known as anything. And to this day my girls don't know him, never met him, seen a photo of him and unless they accidently come across anything to do with him will not know of his existance on this earth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My husband cut off his family. We didn't see or speak to them for almost 2 years. He has sincd started speaking to them on the phone but he has no desire at all to see them.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think this sums it up, was on my fb news feed.
    Attached Images

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (09-05-2013),LoCo  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry the text is very small lol it says...

You don’t ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn’t matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance, you don’t have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and continues to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Agreed, im at my wits end and ive gone above and beyond to try and help her but she continues to throw it in mine and DHS faces, manipulate, abuse and belittle.

Im done. Sorry you have had to deal with it too, its incredibly stressful.
    Ohhh how I know how you feel. It sucks but if your being treated anything like I was it'll be hard to begin with but in the long run it feels so much better.

My issues started a couple months before DD was born when I stated I wanted no one at the hospital but DH. With DS everyone was there ad there when I came out of having my csection and it was all too much. Apparently that was selfish f me and "holding her grandchildren hostage and againt her " after i said that she made no effort to see ds i brought him to her. In the end i said enough is a enough she needed to make an effort which she refused ad se didn't speak to me for a whole month only the occasional text asking if i was happy holding her grandson hostage nevertheless water broke ad we raced to the hospital dropped DS off at DHs mums a)she was closer to us house wise ad b) I hadn't spoken to mum in a month

DD was born got back to my room decided to out the past begin me and be the bigger person and let her know her first granddaughter had made it here safely how much she weighed etc. called her took 4 goes til she finally stopped rejecting the calls and answered and said what? I said hi to you too letting you know little miss is here her names indyanna. She had nothing to say about that All she said was where's Riley (DS)? I said DHs mum and she said ok and hung up on me.

For left that situation at that went home the next morning that afternoon I get a call from get asking f her and my sisters can come around to meet DD. I said sure. 2 hours later she pulls up at te top of the steep driveway and say in her car. I woke DD ad walked up the driveway a day after my csection. Why I don't know but I did I make he flippen effort. DS followed in tow to see his nanny. Got to her car my youngest sister asked to hold her (she was 9at the time) my mum ad older sister DDT even look at et didn't talk to her did ask me nothing didn't speak to me at all.
    Only interacted with an spoke to ds. I was ****ed I told her thats not ok and that would only teach DS the wrong thing to which she told me se wants nothing to do with DD because I'm only going to hold her against her and she won't ever get to see her yes if course that's why I said you could come over nut job!

Anyways told Riley to go back in the house I daddy piled up DD from lil sis and said if you feel that way ad want to act that way feel free to leave and don't come back til she changed her whole attitude and behaviour she then got out her car and proceed to tell me how bad of a mother I was and how I made no effort in building a relationship between her and her grandchildren I was in tas holding my two day old DD. DH came up the driveway and told her to p!ss off its the wrong time for this to which se then accused him of touching her grand kids in appropriately she went there. DH threatened her with the cops and she left.

She then proceeded to tell all our family that she came over to my house and DH and I wouldn't let her hills or speak to her grand baby nd that dh asked her where he should get help from for touching DS sexually.

That was the last time I spoke to any if my family i wont put up with lies and the emotional game se wants to play an f the rest of my family wants I believe her then I want nothing I do with then either and DHs family his mum in particular have been a godsent

I use to wonder I Did the right thing but nearly 2 years after the fact I know I did the right thing

Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away
    Last edited by MonsterMoosMum; 09-05-2013 at 15:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoThisIsLove my DH cut his father off over 6 years ago and hasn't looked back. He too used to threaten suicide (an act of control imo) to get his way. He was also very mentally cruel. Since fil is out of the picture DH has blossomed. Sometimes it really is the only option to cut the crazies loose and not look back

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cut my Dad off for about 3 years. Started talking again after DD was born. He's made no effort to come and see her. He calls every now and again. I send him photos of DD. He's always been a disappoint to me anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    SoThisIsLove my DH cut his father off over 6 years ago and hasn't looked back. He too used to threaten suicide (an act of control imo) to get his way. He was also very mentally cruel. Since fil is out of the picture DH has blossomed. Sometimes it really is the only option to cut the crazies loose and not look back
    Sounds just like MIL. I just hope DH removes her from his life too.

Unfortunately she has abused him like this his whole life and has no one but him that wants anything to do with her (other than her own mother) so he thinks he has to put up wiht it to a certain extent, although with my help he has improved and will stand up to her in cases like her abusive call last night.

I feel so sad for him. He has a very small family, is an only child and a dad that he has only met once and a mother like that. Im trying to build his confidence and support him so hopefully one day he will also say enough is enough
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 09-05-2013 at 15:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    Ohhh how I know how you feel. It sucks but if your being treated anything like I was it'll be hard to begin with but in the long run it feels so much better.

My issues started a couple months before DD was born when I stated I wanted no one at the hospital but DH. With DS everyone was there ad there when I came out of having my csection and it was all too much. Apparently that was selfish f me and "holding her grandchildren hostage and againt her " after i said that she made no effort to see ds i brought him to her. In the end i said enough is a enough she needed to make an effort which she refused ad se didn't speak to me for a whole month only the occasional text asking if i was happy holding her grandson hostage nevertheless water broke ad we raced to the hospital dropped DS off at DHs mums a)she was closer to us house wise ad b) I hadn't spoken to mum in a month

DD was born got back to my room decided to out the past begin me and be the bigger person and let her know her first granddaughter had made it here safely how much she weighed etc. called her took 4 goes til she finally stopped rejecting the calls and answered and said what? I said hi to you too letting you know little miss is here her names indyanna. She had nothing to say about that All she said was where's Riley (DS)? I said DHs mum and she said ok and hung up on me.

For left that situation at that went home the next morning that afternoon I get a call from get asking f her and my sisters can come around to meet DD. I said sure. 2 hours later she pulls up at te top of the steep driveway and say in her car. I woke DD ad walked up the driveway a day after my csection. Why I don't know but I did I make he flippen effort. DS followed in tow to see his nanny. Got to her car my youngest sister asked to hold her (she was 9at the time) my mum ad older sister DDT even look at et didn't talk to her did ask me nothing didn't speak to me at all.
    Only interacted with an spoke to ds. I was ****ed I told her thats not ok and that would only teach DS the wrong thing to which she told me se wants nothing to do with DD because I'm only going to hold her against her and she won't ever get to see her yes if course that's why I said you could come over nut job!

Anyways told Riley to go back in the house I daddy piled up DD from lil sis and said if you feel that way ad want to act that way feel free to leave and don't come back til she changed her whole attitude and behaviour she then got out her car and proceed to tell me how bad of a mother I was and how I made no effort in building a relationship between her and her grandchildren I was in tas holding my two day old DD. DH came up the driveway and told her to p!ss off its the wrong time for this to which se then accused him of touching her grand kids in appropriately she went there. DH threatened her with the cops and she left.

She then proceeded to tell all our family that she came over to my house and DH and I wouldn't let her hills or speak to her grand baby nd that dh asked her where he should get help from for touching DS sexually.

That was the last time I spoke to any if my family i wont put up with lies and the emotional game se wants to play an f the rest of my family wants I believe her then I want nothing I do with then either and DHs family his mum in particular have been a godsent

I use to wonder I Did the right thing but nearly 2 years after the fact I know I did the right thing

Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away
    Oh hun thats so awful, what shocking behaviour, no wonder you cut them off

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not cut off exactly but I decided after a few things they did that I didn't agree with and the fact that the relationship was very one sided that I would no longer contact MIL or encourage DH to do so. The result is I have now not spoken to her for over a year as she has made no effort to contact us. This just proves to me how one sided the relationship was and it was us who made the effort.