+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default John Flynn Private Hospital Ocean View Suite

Hi
    I'm having my 3rd baby on the 20th May at John Flynn Private Hospital Tugun Qld
    I have had my 2 previous children there all under Dr Neil Wallman and have always been in the normal rooms.
    Now they have the ocean view suite that you can pay $400 for and get some little goodies...
    I was wondering if anyone has used this facility and what do you get? Is it worth the $400

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kjlangel81 sorry but I can't help you on this one but was hoping if you would mind if I asked you if you incurred many out of pocket expenses at John Flynn for your previous pregnancies? I am tossing up between John Flynn and Tweed but just a little concerned of the expenses attached to John Flynn and whether I'd be able to afford it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katho For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katho
    I see Neil wallman and his visits are
    INITIAL CONSULTATION $200.00
    GAP $128.65 out of pocket

ANTENATAL CONSULTATION
    4 weekly then u get down 2 weekly at about 28 weeks then weekly at 36
    $100.00
    Gap $60.70 out of pocket

$1,000.00 planning n management fees so his insurance...
    (This is billed at 20 weeks and payable by 34 weeks)
    Plus Hospital excess which I don't have one so no expense there for me and if bubs is admitted too I have no excess for them.
    Plus the extra for C-section the anastiogolost about $600 upwards depends on who you get
    Gap from medicare about $350

Hope this helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kjlangel81 For This Useful Post:

Katho  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohhhhh don't do it!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just had my twins there 2 weeks ago and they are doing major renos in the ward.. Think jackhammers etc. I even said to the middys that if I paid the $400 oop I'd be ****ed - surprisingly they agreed! So personally I wouldn't. There is only one ocean view suite ATM and they are putting in another hence the noise and commotion.

I also saw Wallman. He was great! Can't fault him, or the staff at the hosp. Food was even good!

Suck as much knowledge from the midwife sandy (with glasses) she is amazing!!!

Best if luck with the birth of your baby!

X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I paid the $400 extra and felt so ripped off. Room was so hot I had to leave the door open all the time to get some air from the hallway. They put a little fan in which was noisy and every visitor/ staff member which came in commented how hot it was. To the point I was dripping sweat most of the time. Ocean / airport view was great but due to how hot the room got I had to keep the blinds shut until after 3pm each day. Beautiful view at night. I had DD only 14mths earlier and had a regular room which was the same size etc just painted another colour.

I spent the $400 thinking it would be a nice treat but wouldn't waste my money again. Dr Wallman is great, had him for DD and DS!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleo77 For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of the rooms have nice views anyway! They have huge glass windows in each room!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleo77 For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone
    And I think I will for sure Say no to the Ocean View Suite.
    Prefer to save my money and go stay at a resort for a couple of nights...
    Just wish they did the Versace stay like Pindara Private pay the $375 (I think) get the executive room and after day 2 if you are fit n healthy, no Csections you go and stay at the Versace for 2 nights.
    They have a whole wing dedicated to maternity and have on staff Mid wives...
    Just really have a dislike for Pindara prefer John Flynn any day

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad to hear the good reviews of Dr Wallman and John Flynn, I have my first appt with him this week and am going to be paying to go private. I just wasn't confidant in Tweed to go public with the issues I have had in the past. I have private insurance but dropped birth related services a few years ago as I didn't plan on anymore. It will still cover some of the cost but not much. Just glad to hear good things about them both when you are going to pay that much