+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen

i was 31 when I fell pregnant with my DS on the second cycle. When he was 8 months old he weaned and we started trying for number two. 8 months later we had to stop as there was no longer time to fit a pregnancy in before I finished maternity leave. Now I am back at work and 34 next month and we are on our 4th Cycle. Each cycle seems to get longer, the first 28 days, then 31 days and the last 37 days. Opks don't seem to be working for me so really flying blind. I would really like my DS to have a sibling but I just don't know how much longer I want to keep at it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybebaby2 View Post
    Hi Jen

i was 31 when I fell pregnant with my DS on the second cycle. When he was 8 months old he weaned and we started trying for number two. 8 months later we had to stop as there was no longer time to fit a pregnancy in before I finished maternity leave. Now I am back at work and 34 next month and we are on our 4th Cycle. Each cycle seems to get longer, the first 28 days, then 31 days and the last 37 days. Opks don't seem to be working for me so really flying blind. I would really like my DS to have a sibling but I just don't know how much longer I want to keep at it.
    Ah yes. I can relate with cycles getting longer.
    I used to be 28 days now, I hover around 33. You get ripped off a cycle a year damnit!!!

I used opks too but, it hasn't been successful so far. Timing, energy, enthusiasm is a big factor lol!

I really hope you get your bfp soon! Fx to you!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant using a sperm donor at home (self insem). I fell pregnant on my second cycle at 32 yrs having very closely tracked my cycles and by using ovulation prediction kits, so I knew exactly when I was ovulating. I'm 33 now and due in 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MMelissa View Post
    I am 31 and this is my first cycle TTC. I saw a FS, despite intending to try naturally, to check on my egg reserve and chromosome risk factors just so we had an idea of how long to try and if there were any issues we needed to consider before trying. I like the idea of testing for your egg reserve in particular. That's the biggest unknown factor of TTC over 30, for me.

I have a healthy 3 year old DD but have lost pregnancies before and after her and have had various gyno surgeries in my early 20's so it was comforting to find out that I had the green light to TTC with optimism.
    Wow! I dodn't think of the chromosomal testing. Can I ask what that involves?
    I'm assuming extraction? Do they put you on hormones to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Ah JenJenOo, can relate to being a stresser! I found TTC very stressful (but I get anxious about many things).

I'm the same age as you, fell pregnant on cycle #7. Now expecting in late August. I got given the old "it can take at least 12 months for healthy couples" spiel, which I know is true, but wasn't overly comforting!

If you are pedantic like me, I recommend reading "Taking Charge of your Fertility " and charting your cycles. I learned heaps doing this & found it more effective in identifying ovulation than OPKs. After charting for about 4 cycles, we got our BFP.

Good luck!
    Looove your username!
    Thank you and yes, you've totally got me pegged! Actually, the girls on this forum got me into bbt. It's quite useful. I know when I 'o' and yeah, it can be between cd16 - cd22. My BIGGEST challenge yet, is getting in before the 'o'. I have been pretty close and used preseed but alas, no bfp yet! Will keep at it!

I really hope everything goes smoothly for you. Thanks so much for your suggestions. Do you know the sex of your little one or keeping it a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Sare76 View Post
    Hi Jen. I have irregular long cycles between 33-39 days sometimes more. I'm 36 and I also have a fibroid. So I was shocked when we conceived after only 2 months of trying based on estimated ovulation. We went with the theory of intercourse every 2 days over a 10 day time frame based on my ovulation guesstimate. Even more surprising in the end was that I had thrush around the actual conception date. Sorry tmi but you did want detail. Despite all those possible problems I was at my fittest in a long time, spending lots of time outdoors and having a great holiday which I feel helped. I feel your concern about age. I thought I would never find a stable relationship with a man who wanted children never mind the whole ttc. So I feel really blessed even though I'm now dealing with a medium risk pregnancy for several reasons. Best wishes for the future.
    That's pretty interesting re: having thrush at the time of conception. I would have thought the thicker cm would have prevented implantation. All I can say is congrats! You must have been doing something pretty right to get your bfp! Haha!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 32, DH is 43 and we are currently 38 weeks pg with our first. We conceived without assistance about 7 months after we got married.
    We weren't actively trying or charting, if anything I was vaguely trying to avoid pregnancy for another few months after we conceived as we had an overseas holiday planned with friends and I wanted to be able to drink lol But it was a great surprise to get our BFP last November.

Pregnancy has proceeded without any complications and we are due in just two weeks time!!

If you are looking to conceive naturally I would second the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' recommended by a pp, or see an instructor to learn Creightons or Billings. They can be more accurate than opks at pinpointing ovulation using biological markers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 33 when I fell pregnant with DS.

I had a very regular 28 day cycle and fell pregnant the first month we stopped using protection. (I had not been on the pill for around 4 months by then).

I didn't track ovulation just guesstimated that it would be 14 days before my next due period and made sure we DTD before then plenty

I had a very easy pregnancy and DS was born 1 month after I turned 34.

I am now 35 and about to start TTC#2 next month, so I'll let you know how that goes. Hopefully I will be pregnant again before I'm 36 in October! My cycle is still 28 days like clockwork so am hoping it will be another straightforward conception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 36 when I first fell pregnant for the first time. We were fully prepared for it to take quite a while. We saw our GP before TTC and she said after 6 months she would start doing all the tests as my DH was 40 so age was really against us. However we were very lucky and fell pregnant on our very first attempt. We were very, very lucky. The hardest thing I had to do was tell a girlfriend in her late 20's that we were pregnant when they had been trying for over 12 months. Unfortunately some times it falls down to luck!!

The downside is we had very bad results for the chromosome tests and I had an amnio at 15 weeks. Easily the most stressful time of my life and apparently our age was significant with these results. Thankfully all came back well and we now have a beautiful 9 month old DD.

Good luck with our TTC journey.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I was 35 when we conceived DS. It took 9 months of trying and I'm fairly certain I had a miscarriage in the first month. Having said that I was doing insane amount of exercise for the first 8 months of that period. We moved house, away from the gym and presto!

I was 39 when we conceived DD. It only took 6 months of TTC'ing but in all honesty about 3 or 4 of those months we were too tired to actually TTC at the right time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had just turned 33 when I conceived DD1, had been off the pill for a few months and it was either my 1st or 2nd month TTC.
    At 35 I conceived DD2, was still breastfeeding DD1, which didn't help- my cycles were irregular and it took 3 months to conceive.
    At 36 I conceived DS, was still breatfeeding DD2, it took 5 months- I was almost at the point of looking into fertility testing. I'd been using OPK's but not having any luck, but my cycles were all over the shop.
    I can recommend looking into SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) and using OPK's. and if you're still trying after 6 months, see your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got pregnant on cycle #3 off the pill when I was 29. Then had a long wait til TTCing #2. Tried for 5 months when I was 32 without success. Then at 33 (almost 34) I went off the Pill and on month #2 fell pregnant (at age 34 by then) with bubba #2.

As you're a little bit older, 6 months of TTC is enough to get a referral for Ix of infertility in my book. By the time you've seen the GP, had blood tests/etc that the GP might want and then got a referral and an appt with a fertility doctor you could easily be looking at another 2 months (or more) and by then you'll be that much closer to 12 months of TTC.

All the best!