+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi jen

Sorry to hear your ttc journey is dragging on. It can be so hard sometimes & those sort of comments about "being pregnant by now' are really unhelpful.

I'm like you and wish I had the opportunity earlier as we are now ttc #2 and i have to admit my age is on my mind.

I was 34 when we started ttc #1. We had a chemical at 5wks in Jan '10 after 1 proper year of trying. I had gone off the pill though 3 months prior to starting to ttc. So that was 15mths all up. I then saw an FS and we did a month of bt tracking (it confirmed I was O'ing which I knew anyway as I had being doing bbt for that year prior) and also had an us to check all was clear. And DH did SA.
    We fell again in the April '10, I was nearly 36, so all up after stopping bc it was 18mths. I had A LOT of stress in those first 3mths of 2010, and we fell when that was all cleared up.

We just had another chemical last week, our first month of ttc this time. I am now 38 and will soon be 39. And I really hope it doesn't take too long to get our bfp again as I want at least a few months in between having baby & turning 40

Good luck. Hang in there
    Last edited by mrsviking; 09-05-2013 at 15:24. Reason: Dh's sa too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I forgot to say I got my bfp with dd 3 days before we were due to have a follow up appt with FS to look into things further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your feedback.
    I'm a bit down right now and it was good to look back at this thread and remind myself it's still possible and to relax.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen,

I'm 34 and hubby just about to turn 30. We were ttc for about 5 months then hubby quit smoking, I cut out wheat, dairy etc and saw a Chinese medicine lady had herbs and acupuncture and that 6 th month we fell. I'm now 17 weeks.

Good luck I know how annoying and frustrating it gets. Do you have regular cycles if not I suggest seeing a Chinese medicine practitioner I swear by it. It's been successful for other friends my age too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got my BFP on Saturday after TTC for the 1st time this month. I was taking Elevit and my hubby was on Menevit for the 2 months before we started TTC. I used OPK's to identify ovulation but hubby was away for some of that time so we missed several BDing opportunities. I was sure there wouldn't be a chance so am completely surprised (and happy) that we were so lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm pregnant with baby #3 at 37. This is our 'surprise' baby so we weren't actually ttc.

Good luck Jen. I hope you get your BFP very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
    I'm pregnant with baby #3 at 37. This is our 'surprise' baby so we weren't actually ttc.

Good luck Jen. I hope you get your BFP very soon!
    Fantastic surprise! How are you feeling about it all? How far along are you?
    I really hope everything is going smoothly for you!

Quote Originally Posted by jenstar View Post
    Hi Jen,

I'm 34 and hubby just about to turn 30. We were ttc for about 5 months then hubby quit smoking, I cut out wheat, dairy etc and saw a Chinese medicine lady had herbs and acupuncture and that 6 th month we fell. I'm now 17 weeks.

Good luck I know how annoying and frustrating it gets. Do you have regular cycles if not I suggest seeing a Chinese medicine practitioner I swear by it. It's been successful for other friends my age too.
    I'm on the same wavelength, I think!
    I just started seeing a Chinese Doctor and will commence my 'balancing' shortly.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. How are you finding it?
    I hope you have a safe and uneventful 5ish months!

Quote Originally Posted by Fauvette View Post
    I just got my BFP on Saturday after TTC for the 1st time this month. I was taking Elevit and my hubby was on Menevit for the 2 months before we started TTC. I used OPK's to identify ovulation but hubby was away for some of that time so we missed several BDing opportunities. I was sure there wouldn't be a chance so am completely surprised (and happy) that we were so lucky!
    Oh yes! Very lucky! And good for you! Congratulations!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 31 and this is my first cycle TTC. I saw a FS, despite intending to try naturally, to check on my egg reserve and chromosome risk factors just so we had an idea of how long to try and if there were any issues we needed to consider before trying. I like the idea of testing for your egg reserve in particular. That's the biggest unknown factor of TTC over 30, for me.

I have a healthy 3 year old DD but have lost pregnancies before and after her and have had various gyno surgeries in my early 20's so it was comforting to find out that I had the green light to TTC with optimism.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah JenJenOo, can relate to being a stresser! I found TTC very stressful (but I get anxious about many things).

I'm the same age as you, fell pregnant on cycle #7. Now expecting in late August. I got given the old "it can take at least 12 months for healthy couples" spiel, which I know is true, but wasn't overly comforting!

If you are pedantic like me, I recommend reading "Taking Charge of your Fertility " and charting your cycles. I learned heaps doing this & found it more effective in identifying ovulation than OPKs. After charting for about 4 cycles, we got our BFP.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jen. I have irregular long cycles between 33-39 days sometimes more. I'm 36 and I also have a fibroid. So I was shocked when we conceived after only 2 months of trying based on estimated ovulation. We went with the theory of intercourse every 2 days over a 10 day time frame based on my ovulation guesstimate. Even more surprising in the end was that I had thrush around the actual conception date. Sorry tmi but you did want detail. Despite all those possible problems I was at my fittest in a long time, spending lots of time outdoors and having a great holiday which I feel helped. I feel your concern about age. I thought I would never find a stable relationship with a man who wanted children never mind the whole ttc. So I feel really blessed even though I'm now dealing with a medium risk pregnancy for several reasons. Best wishes for the future.