+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mid 30s Natural Pregnancies?

Hi Ladies,

My apologies for only singling out Natural Pregnancies. I just want to get some feedback on ladies similar to my age who fell pregnant naturally and how long/challenging it was?

Please feel free to be detailed and honest.... no judgments here.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter was born the day after my 34th birthday. We didn't actively try to conceive, just stopped trying not to, and conceived approximately 6 months later. My partner was working in a FIFO job at the time on a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster, and was probably drinking a bit more than average (as is common when on tour in his industry) as well as being a 'social' smoker. I do not think it was a coincidence that we conceived 2 weeks after he cut down on his alcohol consumption and stopped smoking completely.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie78 For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First pregnancy 4th month of trying, age 32, gave birth to my beautiful son on my 33rd birthday. Started trying for #2 just before I turned I turned 34, ended up being a partial molar pregnancy (just bad luck). Then had to stop trying for a few months after that. First month of trying again (at 34) chemical pregnancy, got to 4.5 weeks (grrr!) figured I'd get pregnant again soon but it took another 5 months before I got pregnant again (at nearly 35) and am currently 19.5 weeks! Your partner's age can also a factor so looks like you've got that on your side.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We conceived naturally last year when I was 35 (DH also 35) in our first month trying. Unfortunately, that pregnancy turned out to be a blighted ovum. I started seeing a naturopath and acupuncturist and we conceived again 5 months later, shortly before my 36th birthday. I'm now 23 weeks and all is going well. (All this despite a test showing my AMH was quite low, so don't get too hung up on numbers or on your age!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a baby boy just before my 34th birthday. I came off the pill andfeels pregnant the first month trying. I had a miscarriage and then fell pregnant 4 months later. I am now 35 and have been trying for 7 months with no success. Once you have a baby you feel like it will just happen again but after 7 months (which I know is not a long time but feels like forever) it starts to get you down. I try to stay positive but sometimes that is easier said than done. Lots of people say just relax and it will happen but my crazy mind tells me I need to do something more :0)

I hope this helps with what you were looking for

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Rampo For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD I was 33 and fell pregnant the first month after stopping birth control. I was 34 when she was born.

With DS I was 37 and fell pregnant in the 2nd month. I was 38 when he was born.

Both times I did nothing but stopped trying to prevent pregnancy and luckily it just happened both times quite quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH is also younger than me (5 years) which I'm sure is a positive factor however I have a history of PCO.

DD was conceived 1st cycle off the pill at 31, born when I was 32.

We wanted a 4 year gap so started TTC #2 when I was 35 and again conceived 1st cycle trying however we lost that baby (missed miscarriage). We waited 3 months to TTC again and it took 4 (irregular) cycles to conceive again. That pregnancy was never right from the start (bleeding, low HCG etc) and eventually completely miscarried at around 9 weeks. Cycles were slightly better after that one and took another 4 to conceive Tumbub who I am 34 weeks pregnant with at 37 (would have fallen just before my 37th birthday).

Depending on how we find life with 2 kids, we may still want to try to squeeze in another before I'm 40 but prepared for it to get increasingly challenging.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have severe pcos along with insulin resistance and crazy irratic cycles and I fell pregnant after 3.5 yrs of trying naturally. I was 32 when we conceived. Been ttc no 2 since my son was born...still trying 2.5 yrs later.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had a one time whoopsie when I was 33 that resulted in a pregnancy. My twins, which were before that took 18 months to concieve, I really think sometimes you just can never tell.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all your feedback, ladies. I haven't been trying for as long as some but, I'll admit.... I get down about the old ttc.

I wish I had the opportunity to try earlier. Unfortunately, divorce followed by a crap relationship meant it wasn't the time.
    I have had loads of tests, it appears I'm in 'good health'. Very stressy by nature so, it's probably not helping.

Getting sick of the 'you should be pregnant by now...' comments.
    I'm getting notably bitter!
    Thanks for helping me rest my nerves.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app