+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Desperately need advice!

DS (2 years) was sick these last two weeks. It started off with croup and then turned into a nasty cold with a chesty cough. I had him sleeping with me in bed those 2 weeks and now he refuses to sleep in his cot! DH doesn't want to co sleep because 1. Our bed isn't big enough and 2. He won't be able to sleep because he'll be too worried about rolling on to DS.
    I've tried putting him down for naps in his cot and he just screams and screams and screams. He's not crying, he's just calling out to me. I had taking naps with me some days when my morning sickness was unbearable but now he wants to take a nap with me all the time.
    Any suggestions on how I can encourage him to sleep in his cot?
    Last edited by SugarSkull; 08-05-2013 at 19:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    can you put the cot next to your bed (or a bed next to his cot) so you can help get him used to the cot again while still being comfortable? maybe give him a couple more days to feel better, and he may be more receptive to sleeping in his bed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    can you put the cot next to your bed (or a bed next to his cot) so you can help get him used to the cot again while still being comfortable? maybe give him a couple more days to feel better, and he may be more receptive to sleeping in his bed.
    Nope. We live in a unit so there's absolutely no room in our bedroom or his bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    This. We transitioned dd1 back to her bed by me sleeping on a mattress on the floor of her room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you try ditching the cot and get him a single bed? Then you could lay next to him til he falls asleep.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (09-05-2013)