Closed Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone,
    Ive been a bit mia the last few days, just really busy! (just for something different)
    I did a big long post last night, with a big catch up but my app was being a pita and my post disappeared into bh land!
    Anyway, ill do as much as i can remember in my brain dead state!!!

Rainbow, CONGRATS!!! you are going to have a son!!!! very exciting news. I like the red and blue sheets (you have prob already decided by now)

MCB any news on the job front??
    Yay for your doppler! where did you get it? I think I might have to invest in one to easy my always worrying mind.

Channy, they dont look at all like school sores to me, and working in child care I have seen my fair share of school sores!!
    in regards to drinking, that is why we have had to tell so many people before 12 weeks. If we are at a big function I can fudge it, by just holding a half glass of champagaine in my hand all night and pretending to sip on it. Occasionally I 'lose' my glass and go and get another one (DH does not drink, So I cant use him as an escape) but we often have dinner with 1 or 2 other couples. On Sat we had friends over and when they walk in the door with 3 bottles of wine saying "which one first" I kind of have to spill the beans. We have only told people that we trust not to tell everyone else though.

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Or just say you are on an antibiotic with which you can't drink....people wont be rude enough to ask details.
    J x.
    we have also had a few people who are rude enough to ask! (or make blatant comments at least) so I have had to flat out lie to them, I really dont think that they buy it though

Bond, hope you are enjoying your holiday, Cant wait to see pics of your little girl

Lil Smurfy, Im the same as you in relation to mat leave. have 14 weeks paid from work then 18 ppl then will likely go back to work after that, with the same thoughts that the sooner I go back and get finances back on track the sooner we can have another one. Ill definitely have to go back full time though. I make more $$$ than DH and we definitely can not afford to live on his wage

Sage, CONGRATULATIONS on your baby boy, hope you are recovering from your Csect well, and feeling ok. Cant wait to hear his name and see some pics.

Everyone else I hope your all great!

afm, we have had a really busy weekend. Sold our caravan and brought a new bigger and better one DH and I both grew up camping a bit and have so many great memories and learning experiences, and we cant wait to do the same with our children. we have plans where the port a cot will fit, so hopefully we have a relatively settled babe and can go as soon as Labour day or Easter next year!\
    after seeing bubs heartbeat just over 2 weeks ago, the worrying has set in again with a vengeance, I cant help thinking that we might get to the 12 week scan and not find a heartbeat! DH keeps telling me off for thinking like that but I just cant help it! it doesn't help that some symptoms have eased. fx the next 3 weeks go quick, and we get only a good result on the 21st!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so much has happened in here today. I need a but of advice I thought I would have close to 6 weeks leave built up but turns out I will only have 3. I intended to finish at 34 weeks as I have a highly physical job, and already suffering major swelling and have quite a big bump (previously quite little). I get 14 weeks from work and 18 ppl. What would u do? I'm worried about money but don't see how I could work longer?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Mumma View Post
    Wow so much has happened in here today. I need a but of advice I thought I would have close to 6 weeks leave built up but turns out I will only have 3. I intended to finish at 34 weeks as I have a highly physical job, and already suffering major swelling and have quite a big bump (previously quite little). I get 14 weeks from work and 18 ppl. What would u do? I'm worried about money but don't see how I could work longer?

Is there any way you can do lighter duties? If not I say finish at 34 weeks anyway because if you are already struggling you will want to finish then. I finished at 34 weeks only had 1 week of annual leave so will have a few weeks unpaid before going back to work in January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Mumma View Post

You can get a dr certificate that covers you to use sick leave to make up for full time hours. Eg. You usually work 8 hours a day but can only work 6 hrs then they are obligated to pay you sick leave for the 2 hours a day if you have credits.
    The other option is request light duties if possible for the next couple of weeks, a doctors cert is also sufficient for this. The best thing is to be open and honest with your employer about your concerns and health best of luck! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no sick hours left after having a bad viral infection and needing an entire week off work and in my line of work light duties don't exactly exist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep agree - your employer needs to give you light duties if that is what the dr has ordered.
    My employer allows us to use the 14 weeks as either full pay or 28 weeks at half pay. So I am going to do the 28 weeks half pay, just so I can spend more time at home. I should have had a lot more leave, but I had major surgery last year, then my in-laws guilted us into taking leave over Xmas, so I only have 2 weeks leave up my sleeve

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttons12 Abby would be the most common...Abigail will be my baby girls name

Sage congrats on the arrival of your little boy I hope your recovery goes well!

J it sure seems like your ready to have that little girl!!

Afm I had an ob appointment and a scan today and the twins are looking fantastic and we have our c section booked for the 28th of June so a little over 4 weeks to have everything organised!!
    Can I just ask a question anyone have a movie that they watch constantly? I am completely addicted to pitch perfect it completely makes my bad days turn into good ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Totally need to get one of these jobs that give you an extra 14wks next time around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Buttons12 Abby would be the most common...Abigail will be my baby girls name

Sage congrats on the arrival of your little boy I hope your recovery goes well!

J it sure seems like your ready to have that little girl!!

Afm I had an ob appointment and a scan today and the twins are looking fantastic and we have our c section booked for the 28th of June so a little over 4 weeks to have everything organised!!
    Can I just ask a question anyone have a movie that they watch constantly? I am completely addicted to pitch perfect it completely makes my bad days turn into good ones
    I love pitch perfect! Such a light hearted upper of a film

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your little boy Sage!!! Hope your recovery is speedy

Lovely bumps MissXamA and Rainbow. I will post a pic when I get a chance (work is crazy at the moment)

Hi to everyone else, sorry so busy havent had time to go back and do personals.