Closed Thread
Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in no way organised in bubs room but this is our room after I cleaned up today. I assembled the bassinette including sheets and blankets. Next task. Bubs room haha

bassinette.jpgbassinette 2.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rainbow, I would be guided by Button2012 re: increased risk of pre-eclampsia with an altered PAPP-A level. It is not standard practice, and the question I would be asking is what is the positive predictive value of the test...that is, if the PAPP-A test is positive, what are the chances you will develop the disease? Your risk ratios are fantastic. Sounds like the PAPP-A test for pre-eclampsia is still in its infancy. At least you will be monitored more closely. My OBGYN does a manual BP and a protein/glucose urinalysis every visit, as a screening for pre-eclampsia.
    So, nothing to stress about honey.
    J xx.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks J, it wasn't papp-a that was the indicator, my papp-a was bang on average, it was the blood flow to the uterine arteries. But it wasn't concerning, just potentially indicative, and bub is certainly not being starved so they're not worried.

Apparently it can indicate it, but of course there is a huge chance nothing will eventuate.

Just eating well and staying healthy to keep everything in check

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My urine test was "perfectly boring" too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Toni, cute bassinet. At least bub has somewhere to sleep now.

FTM, did you get to go home today?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toni- re. what some people do to their kids. Don’t get me started. Working in child protection I see a whole lotta stuff that is done to innocent kids, not just physical abuse but emotional too. I have parents hating each other so much they can’t put the kids first and not bad mouth each other to them. The emotional effect on one 7 yr old I am working with is astounding, and the dad is completely unwilling to accept that denying his ex wife contact is having a traumatic effect on his child. There is just no fathoming some people. Just writing a massive report on this family at the moment and I will be glad to go on maternity leave and only worry about my own kids for a change!

Re. hospital bags, i’ve got one for me and one for bub with enough stuff for 3 nights if I do have to have another c section. Hope i’ll only need one change of clothes for us both then be out the following day! I usually pack far too much too.

Happy birthday Waiting!

Hope you’re well enough to be back at work tomorrow, MCB!

FTM- it’s totally normal for newborns to lose some weight at first, like has already been said, so I wouldn’t worry too much. Hope you get the feeding sorted out soon with a bit of help. You must be desperate to be out of hospital by now and get back to your own bed.

Hi to everyone else! Just checking in quickly whilst at work so can only read so far back.

AFM- I had a physio appointment yesterday to help with bladder issues, and got some tips for how to do my pelvic floor exercises better. Just got to make sure I actually do them now!!! I also started raspberry leaf tea today and have had 2 cups, it was surprisingly nice! I am struggling to find the time and head space to fit in various exercises and hynobirthing practice as I work full time and by the time DS gets to bed at night and all the cooking, cleaning up and lunch prep for the next day is done it’s 8pm and I just want to veg in front of the TV for an hour then go to bed. Feel I am not doing what I should be. Will try to fall asleep to my relaxation recordings every other night but I really like reading at bedtime too so have to try to fit both in. It will be easier when I start maternity leave as I can do the birthing prep during the day but that’s not till 36 weeks.

We are off to the Gold Coast on Saturday for a week for DH 40th birthday so will be having a bub hub break. Got lots of packing to fit in before that too, and wrapping DH’s presents! We’re not actually speaking at the moment following an argument last night so who knows what he’ll be like when I get home. Will just concentrate on spending time with DS and getting him settled for bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, I'm the same with hypnobirthing practice. I just can't find the time. There is so much to practice. I do fall asleep to the relaxation cd every night, so hopefully my subconscious is taking some of that in.

Does anyone know anything about epi no? Is it necessary and does it help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness guys, today has been a shocker. Everything is making me cry. Will it end? I have a headache from crying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Oh my goodness guys, today has been a shocker. Everything is making me cry. Will it end? I have a headache from crying!
    That's not good at all. Pregnancy hormones can really suck at times. I hope you feel happier soon. I found I had a good few months where I cried every Friday night (you'd think I'd have been happy on a Friday). Try and do something tonight, that makes you happy. Maybe you need retail therapy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely need retail therapy. Going to the pregnancy expo on the weekend!

DP is being a bit of a twit at the moment, which doesn't help.

A long hot shower and a hot chocolate will help.