Closed Thread
Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always make my OB mid afternoon and never make anything after it as I always expect him to be running over. Nice office, tv going - forced time with DH it's great! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back from appt. Bubs is all good. Apparently measuring as not likely to be a big baby so likely to be taking after me and not DP which I am happy with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Toni, that's great that bub is doing well, and not a big baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Back from appt. Bubs is all good. Apparently measuring as not likely to be a big baby so likely to be taking after me and not DP which I am happy with.
    Glad all is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toni- glad your ob appointment went well. I am always dubious about predicted sizes though as with DS I had a scan about 4 days before he was born and was told he was about 8lb 10oz, and actually he was 7lb 2oz. Bit of a difference! So whatever they tell me about this bub, big or small, I won’t believe until I see her! Also, lol about your breast exam. I freaked out the first time that happened to me too! Already had a bit of leakage this time!

Lil Petal- I like Eliana and Oliver too. Could be Eli or Oli for short, both still nice.

Lil Smurfy- yes it would be Autumn Rose (Rose being the middle name) but depends what I agree with DH. We have three possibilities to debate! Bethany Grace and Faith Violet are the other ideas. As for your maternity leave, 37 weeks is a bit late to stop work I think, especially if you’re struggling. I am stopping at 36 wks.

Sage- wow you’re 38 weeks now! I think you are entitled to get cranky J

Choccie- I think I prefer Reece (or with the Welsh spelling Rhys), or Chase. Axle and Diesel aren’t for me, but it’s totally your choice, go with what you love and if that’s Axle then great. J

MrsLA- that’s a very sweet little poem you posted. Thanks for sharing.

First Time Mummy- good luck with the birth! Can’t wait to hear how it goes and see a picture of her!

AFM- plodding along as normal in the work/mummy to a toddler routine. Got everything we need for baby now, nursery done apart from the wall decal which me and DH need to put up together to make sure we get it right. I am having a 60 min pregnancy massage on Thursday evening, which was DH’s xmas present to me that i’ve only just booked. Can’t wait, I love massages and they have a special pregnancy table so you can still lie on your front! Also got a midwife’s appointment tomorrow afternoon. Will need to start my raspberry leaf tea in 2 weeks. Then acupuncture starting in 7 weeks and using my Epi No to kick start my body into natural labour (I hope!) around the right time. Still seems surreal that i’ll be having another newborn baby. I’ve got used to a toddler who can walk and do certain things for himself now.

My MIL suggested we book a christening for the baby while we are in the UK during Sep/Oct, so we can have family there and have it at the same church we got married at and had DS christened. I think that would be nice so she has booked it for us, but also feels like bad luck before bub is even born! Not doing anything about organising it further until she is here safe and sound. Then I will let family there run around and organise it for me, given she’ll be so little and we’ll be jet lagged lol.
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 14-05-2013 at 14:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCB - I don't know the gender of my bub so no advice on the gender scan but I can totally get how much you want to know ASAP. I was very much like that wwhen pregnant with DD. I felt certain she was a boy and time seemed to go so sslowly until the 20 week scan. I can still clearly remember the shock of finding out she was a girl. I rushed off and bought something pink immediately But it did take me awhile to adjust just because I was so sure it was a boy.

Toni - I totally get your point. I hate hearing people complain about my ob running late when he has to dash off upstairs to deliver a baby. Like MissXamA I kinda like just sitting waiting and relaxing although this time around its a bit more difficult as usually I have DD with me to entertain but I am very lucky she is always pretty good there. I remember I had my DD on a Friday and my ob must have come up to see me about 5 times during the day while I was in labour even though he had appointments so it all works out in the end.

Hi to everyone else

AFM - the nursery is being under coated tonight and the ceiling painted so hopefully by next week I will have something to take a photo of and show you all. I had an ob appointment today at 33+5 and finally bub has turned from being transverse and is now head down. I feel relieved as it was starting to run out of room to turn. The bad news is my ob told me he will be gong on leave a few days after I am due so if baby hasn't arrived yet I can be induced before he leaves or his stand in dr will deliver the baby. I know not everyone will agree with this but I am thinking an induction might be the way to go. I really want my dr to be the one who delivers this bub. Will have to have a chat to DH about it before our next appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bondgirl - so nice that your bub will be Christened in the same church while you are in the UK!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPetal For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LilPetal, my ob has advised that she is on leave from when I'm 37 weeks, until after my due date. Unlikely she'll be delivering my baby.

Work has confirmed that I am on annual leave from 10/6 to 19/6. Hardly seems worth coming back for a week, so I now consider that I'm on maternity leave from 34 weeks. So less than 4 weeks of work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    LilPetal, my ob has advised that she is on leave from when I'm 37 weeks, until after my due date. Unlikely she'll be delivering my baby.

Work has confirmed that I am on annual leave from 10/6 to 19/6. Hardly seems worth coming back for a week, so I now consider that I'm on maternity leave from 34 weeks. So less than 4 weeks of work
    How do you feel about not having your ob for the birth? I don't think it would bother me as much except he was the one that delivered my DD as well. Hmmm.

Great news that you will be on maternity leave so soon!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yay! I think 34 weeks is a good time to finish Smurfy

I am so stressed - we are in the middle of moving, and there's SO much to pack, not to mention my car insurance and rego is due end of this month (and will be at least $1000!) so we are going to be a bit hand to mouth while we get settled.

Thank god we're moving while we have two incomes that's for sure.

Bring on Saturday - at least we will be in the new place then.