Closed Thread
Page 24 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Hehe! We're just not sure. We were really set on Lola but I have a feeling we'll take one look at her and it just won't suit her. I'm almost certain this new name is the name she wants. I would never have thought of it until DH randomly said it the other day, and since then we've seen the name everywhere! Like I said its so not a common name!
    I understand what you mean, always good to have back ups just in case!

We have had one boy name picked and one girl name picked since before we were even pregnant; we have a few others but none we love as much.

I am sure you will pick a name that is perfect for your girl. Lola is a difficult one as you really have to look like a Lola if you know what I mean? since it is such a unique and pretty name!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep you're a tease FTM.

I like Lola, but MIL is known to her other grandkids as Lola (instead of nanna) so will be the same for our bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My goodness you ladies can chat!!!
    I always read along but just can't seem to get time to reply!!

Ill jump on the comp and do proper personals tonight!

Choccie. Glad to hear you are doing well. I agree with everyone else, it's your babe and I think you can name him whatever you like.

Ftm, you tease!! I do love the name Lola though! How exciting though! 3 days!!

I can't imagine how you ladies with insomnia are coping I'm getting a good 8-9 hours a night and am still exhausted. Lol.

We also have a few names we like, but won't be saying anything until he/she is born. We don't want anyone's opinions,or thoughts on our decision (and I'm sure once he/she is born and named no one would be game enough to say they don't like it)

Mcb, it was a very beautiful moment! Dh is not an emotional person and he had tears in his eyes (although he says it was the allergens in The air. Lol that's a running joke from our wedding. The allergens were out then too). I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now and we are going to tell a few of our very close friends over coming weeks ( we are tired of lying about not drinking playing sport etc) and I'm sure most of them already have worked it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had to share this. Brought a tear to my eye.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368408892.233244.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsLA For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    My goodness you ladies can chat!!!
    I always read along but just can't seem to get time to reply!!

Ill jump on the comp and do proper personals tonight!

Choccie. Glad to hear you are doing well. I agree with everyone else, it's your babe and I think you can name him whatever you like.

Ftm, you tease!! I do love the name Lola though! How exciting though! 3 days!!

I can't imagine how you ladies with insomnia are coping I'm getting a good 8-9 hours a night and am still exhausted. Lol.

We also have a few names we like, but won't be saying anything until he/she is born. We don't want anyone's opinions,or thoughts on our decision (and I'm sure once he/she is born and named no one would be game enough to say they don't like it)

Mcb, it was a very beautiful moment! Dh is not an emotional person and he had tears in his eyes (although he says it was the allergens in The air. Lol that's a running joke from our wedding. The allergens were out then too). I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now and we are going to tell a few of our very close friends over coming weeks ( we are tired of lying about not drinking playing sport etc) and I'm sure most of them already have worked it out
    Hahaha that is funny MrsLA! My DF has a very sweet emotional/sensitive side and he had tears running down his cheeks when he saw the heartbeat and again on Friday when I was pushing a pram around a shop hehe. So cute
    Have fun telling people! Only people that know are my mum, dad, sister and grandparents.. won't be telling any one else until after my scan which is in two weeks eeek! I am trying to come up with a way to tell DF's mum... he wants to do it in a sweet way (she lives interstate) and I am stumped for ideas!

I was stalking the May people and looking at their babies and my goodness I want cuddles from a newborn so much!! HURRY UP DECEMBER!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attachment 36458
    awww that is so sweet! Made my eyes all fog up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attachment 36458
    Thanks mrsla! Now I'm a right blubbering mess! How beautiful ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Attachment 36458
    That was beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Hahaha that is funny MrsLA! My DF has a very sweet emotional/sensitive side and he had tears running down his cheeks when he saw the heartbeat and again on Friday when I was pushing a pram around a shop hehe. So cute
    Have fun telling people! Only people that know are my mum, dad, sister and grandparents.. won't be telling any one else until after my scan which is in two weeks eeek! I am trying to come up with a way to tell DF's mum... he wants to do it in a sweet way (she lives interstate) and I am stumped for ideas!

I was stalking the May people and looking at their babies and my goodness I want cuddles from a newborn so much!! HURRY UP DECEMBER!
    Could you send her a Nanna/grandma photo frame with a copy of your scan pic. Or send her flowers with a baby balloon. Not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Toni do you have any other symptoms or just the headache? If you have visual disturbance or pain above uterus make sure you give the ob a call. Hope it goes away soon

Afm I have become an irrational pregnant woman. Almost 38 weeks and I'm getting cranky at everything! Poor dh, can't believe how amazingly he has put up with me. He is so patient.
    Just headache. I get migraines normally but thankfully throughout pregnancy its just headaches no migraines.

I am glad your DH is supporting you. Irrational pregnant moments are allowed I say

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    AFM, I'm exhausted today. Coming to work is becoming a real struggle. At this stage I have 7 weeks until I finish work, and I have to take a week of annual leave either starting 10/6 or 17/6. I'm thinking I'll take it at 17/6 when I'm 35 weeks, and maybe move my maternity leave forward by a week, so I don't have to come back. Working until 37 weeks no longer seems like a good idea.
    I could not work to 37 weeks. I'm so glad I am finished now at 34 weeks as I am just struggling with sciatica, squished placenta and plain exhaustion! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Thanks for the comments ladies - I think dh and I are set on Axle and will just have to ignore the other comments!
    When you are completely decided I will update the front page with DOB and name

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Speaking of names, DH and I have come up with a new name that we seem to be seeing everywhere. It's not a common name but it seems to be in our face at the moment. To spook us out even more my mum says to me yesterday, "I was in the toilet yesterday and this name came to me and I think it's what you need to name your daughter" She then said that very name we've been discussing between DH and I!!
    There's no way she could have k own as we've shared this name with NOONE!!! So yeah, we'll find out Thursday if that's the name we go with
    Its really bizarre when someone says a name you are thinking of. My Uncle told me when I was 27 weeks that they had 2 girl names picked and what they were (they had a boy) and they were 2 of the 3 girl names we have picked. Was a little weird.

Attachment 36458
    That was beautiful