+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Apart from the obvious how have you changed since having a baby/babies?

Apart from the obvious how have you changed since having a baby/babies?

For example: I loved tuna before pregnancy, didn't like it during but looked forward to eating it after. However, I don't like it now 3 months down the track!

I also hated yoghurt before I fell pregnant but loved it during pregnancy and love it still.

Also I also felt the cold but since having bub I am ALWAYS hot and hate feeling over heated. I do wonder if this is a BF thing?

My best friend told me she can't watch anything spooky after having her baby and she loved horror movies before pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    - I cry very easily at TV shows
    - better appreciation for my parents
    - less judgemental of other mums now
    - more purpose to my life
    - care more about healthy living/eating
    - strangely don't care for steak much now
    - spare money buys DS clothes, not me!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (08-05-2013),LoCo  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a new appreciation for my birthday and the people in my life who loved me when I was a newborn. I now think birthdays are more about my Mum than myself!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to elleseetee For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am so much more emotional. I pretty much never cried ever before. After, I find myself tearing up over dumb stuff.

I went from staunchly pro life to pro choice. I realised just how unready someone might be for a baby and how it would ruin their life and their baby's too to force them into having that baby if they didn't want to.

I got less black and white in my thinking... Though that could just be growing up since I had her at 19 and am now 27.

I dislike children more. Perhaps because I have to interact with one all the time, it's less novel than it was pre kids. Kids to me, are, in general, really annoying. Pre kids I could deal with it cos it only lasted a short time and then I could escape.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely more emotional, especially anything that involves kids. Physically - I wish I had my pre-pregnancy teeth, I could have been on toothpaste ads, now they're all crooked and falling out and discoloured.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Definitely more emotional, especially anything that involves kids. Physically - I wish I had my pre-pregnancy teeth, I could have been on toothpaste ads, now they're all crooked and falling out and discoloured.
    really? I wonder why?!

My hair feels drier. It's so frizzy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleseetee View Post
    I have a new appreciation for my birthday and the people in my life who loved me when I was a newborn. I now think birthdays are more about my Mum than myself!
    I'd never looked at it that way but, yes you're so right!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooooo much more emotional. I was already a total sap to begin with so it's just ridiculous now.

I struggle to relate to a lot of my friends now.

I have a skin discolouration on my upper lip that deflates my self-esteem every time I look in the mirror.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah my teeth are shocking postpartum too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a lot more patience , am a lot calmer person, don't stress as much about little things and generally are a lot more relaxed ! I also hardly spend any money on me and now it's all on DS!
    Oh and since now having a son I appreciate my MIL more and make DH call her more often! She loves it !!