+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 91
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,581
    Thanks
    748
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    That's what I'm saying, that by the time you or I went to prostitution we would have exhausted all of those avenues.

    But I wanted to make a point that sometimes when people try to get these jobs you have listed and that others have listed it is not a matter of 'well I'd stack shelves or, I'd work at maccas' because those chains don't care about your dire needs, and they aren't In a hurry to make sure they hire mature age over the next kid who walks in the door.

    I hate people assuming that these somewhat considered 'lower class jobs' are easy to get and that if push came to shove 'well I'd fix it by getting one of those'

    Put it his way, I have a
    Certification in retail and retail experience and I fell into my property manager roll with no experience except a little bit of reception and assisting work, a lot quicker and simpler then these maccas, night fill jobs I applied for through desperation at the time, even though I was qualified in that field and had experience.. Not one phone call.

    Obviously in the end it was a good thing I never got those jobs as I earnt triple the wage as a qualified Property manager after a few months.

    But the point I'm making is people are assuming these jobs are easy to get..






    ~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!
    You have a point about the big stores. I've worked at a major supermarket before 6 + yrs experience & just got knocked back for a nightfall job

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

    Twoalready  (09-05-2013)

  3. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,557
    Thanked
    12,689
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Same.

    I didn't read it as, "If you lost your job, would go pimp out your vag for cash?"

    But more, "If you'd tried to work at McDonalds, tried to get charity assistance, blah blah blah... and that didn't work... then would you consider working in the sex industry?"

    I think MOST people would probably try all the other options first before deciding to have sex for money.
    I think the Op scenario is invalid though. I don't believe prostituting yourself in order to survive is actually necessary.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,765
    Thanks
    1,903
    Thanked
    2,790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    I disagree that it's the same thing.

    Most people don't want to share their spouse sexually? Why is that? It's because sex is intimate and about as close as you can be physically to another, and also makes us vulnerable. Personally I'm fine with my SO hiring a builder to fix the house, but when we are apart and can't have sex, I'm not OK with him hiring a prostitute, because we all know its a very different situation.

    Moeover, I've never seen download millions of videos of construction workers to use as masturbation fodder, and most women in the industry are not respected. Most Men don't want to be married to a prostitute, because they simply aren't valuing them as people as they should, however they will marry a dentist or receptionist etc.

    I don't define prostitutes by their profession, but the majority of people do. In fact a woman who so much as has a few partners is often called shocking names, let alone prostitutes and strippers. I have heard of women in the sex industry described in the most vulgar terms, reducing them to the sum of their parts. To me it's just not OK and it's sad that women think of it as their best option. I'm not blaming the women, I'm blaming society.
    But that's you, your feelings and your relationship. To some people sex is just sex, it's not always intimate. To some people sex with a client is completely different to sex with their partner. Just because you (and no doubt many others) feel differently doesn't make their feelings less valid.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (09-05-2013)

  6. #74
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    7,022
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    686
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Sorry, but I had a bit of a chuckle imagining VP sexy texting and using the word balls a lot :-)
    like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tTV0cBGbaM but with texting?

  7. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,557
    Thanked
    12,689
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Also, it's rather naive to think that the men utilising these services don't respect females.
    What if you would NEVER get to experience sex the usual way? You would never feel the bodily reactions of stimulation? You would be curious, yes?
    Because I know someone that lives this reality and if it weren't for a legal escort service, he would never have felt that at all... EVER!

    The sex industry is not so black and white.
    I get what you're saying but I think this is a very small minority. Overall I think it is naive to think male customers respect female prostitutes.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (09-05-2013),oozzle  (10-05-2013)

  9. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,557
    Thanked
    12,689
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    But that's you, your feelings and your relationship. To some people sex is just sex, it's not always intimate. To some people sex with a client is completely different to sex with their partner. Just because you (and no doubt many others) feel differently doesn't make their feelings less valid.
    I think Socks's views are inline with the majority of society. That's why brothels aren't allowed near schools etc.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (09-05-2013),oozzle  (10-05-2013)

  11. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Haunted House
    Posts
    10,891
    Thanks
    1,538
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    But that's you, your feelings and your relationship. To some people sex is just sex, it's not always intimate. To some people sex with a client is completely different to sex with their partner. Just because you (and no doubt many others) feel differently doesn't make their feelings less valid.
    It's scientifically proven that our bodies and brains are designed to react to sexual touch much differently then we would to say engaging with a bank teller. It's very very different. And people can say sex is just sex all they want, however scientists show that it's not the case, it's very different to other interactions. In fact the oxytocin released is similar to the oxytocin released when you give birth and bond with your baby. If you have sex often it helps you stay in love with your partner.

    So actually completely different and viewed differently by the majority of society. People pretend sex means nothing because it suits them, but ask them if they would want their daughters to be prostitutes or their mothers and they would be horrified.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (09-05-2013),Maybelline  (10-05-2013)

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,765
    Thanks
    1,903
    Thanked
    2,790
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And I resent the implication that if no one wants to marry you then you are of less value.

  14. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Haunted House
    Posts
    10,891
    Thanks
    1,538
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I'm not sure if you're aware, but the sex industry is not limited to heterosexual males seeking females.

    Also, it's rather naive to think that the men utilising these services don't respect females.
    What if you would NEVER get to experience sex the usual way? You would never feel the bodily reactions of stimulation? You would be curious, yes?
    Because I know someone that lives this reality and if it weren't for a legal escort service, he would never have felt that at all... EVER!

    The sex industry is not so black and white.
    yes I'm very well aware, but women using services are in the minority and no their actions aren't any better.

    I am sorry but if you can't build sexual relationships outside of com modifying women then I don't think you should be having sex. Your want for experiencing sex should not over ride a woman's right to be free from sexual commodification. My pleasure should not come at such an expense to another.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

    oozzle  (10-05-2013),VicPark  (09-05-2013)

  16. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowen Basin
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    191
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd set myself up as a financial dominatrix before I did any of that. Better some man's dignity in exchange for money than mine.

    Not really. I couldn't do any of the above.

    I would wait tables or deliver pizzas again or clean toilets, mow lawns, pick fruit before I did anything like that. That's why I have stay employed; to prevent that kind of vulnerability. I plan for a redundancy situation and try to be as resourceful as possible to prevent that scenario. No one wants to see a pale size 12 31 year old stripper anyway!
    Last edited by MMelissa; 09-05-2013 at 18:16.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Money & Budgeting!
    By Missy18 in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 21:06
  2. Money money money!
    By 87687623 Questions in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-08-2012, 15:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training Products
Toilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of toilet training. With a range of products that can be used at home, on holidays or out & about.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!