+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took the OP to mean if it was as a last resort. Of course if there were other options I would take ALL of them before stripping. Sheesh.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LotusMum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-05-2013),SassyMummy  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd consider any of the above (and have) if we where truly struggling. Unfortunately though I don't have the body for either and the hours would be hard as a single mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    I took the OP to mean if it was as a last resort. Of course if there were other options I would take ALL of them before stripping. Sheesh.

Same.

I didn't read it as, "If you lost your job, would go pimp out your vag for cash?"

But more, "If you'd tried to work at McDonalds, tried to get charity assistance, blah blah blah... and that didn't work... then would you consider working in the sex industry?"

I think MOST people would probably try all the other options first before deciding to have sex for money.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-05-2013),LotusMum  (09-05-2013),tatia&shura  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post

I did

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people who are saying they'd stock shelves or down size their house etc are being. A little presumptuous....
    Not saying they shouldn't try or that the only option is protitution or stripping..

But, its not a matter of walking into Coles and demanding a night fill job to stack shelves And getting one.. Coles and majority of the other night filling places take the long way round to hire those staff and staff are in abundance.. Why hire you at $23+ an hour ( who in some cases have got no work experience in the field) when 18 year old Sally with a little bit of retail experience working at HJ's after school is $18 bucks an hour. Get me?

Also with down sizing your house you will not get a one bedroom rental if you are a family. No property manager alive ( believe me I am one) will present a family (mum,dad,kids) (mum+ kids) application to a owner of a one bedroom unit, its common sense.
    (Assuming this is what people mean as I would assume if your facing prostitution/stripping you would have already exhausted your avenue of property ownership and no longer own or have the money for selling etc)

So I think those who have entered the prostitution or stripping field may need others to understand that the avenues we are so willingly stating we'd do ver and above being a prostitute are not as easy to get as you imagine.

And by no way have I been affiliated in prostitution or agree with it.. Like you a of exhaust every other avenue first before getting to that point.. I just wanted to make it a point that these avenues aren't always as easy to get as some have made out here..

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do anything for my family. If that meant stripping, phone sex, prostitution etc, I would do it.

I also think we need to remember that not every sex worker is being demeaned, nor do I think sex work and feminism need to be separated. I have known plenty of women in the sex industry that are strong, powerful, intelligent, wealthy feminists who are fulfilling a role in society.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd probably be a stripppa... Until I found myself a sugar daddy who would take care of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was kicked out of home just after finishing school (very bad relationship with a mentally ill mother, which thankfully has started to get a bit better)
    Anyway I had no job no nothing, no where to go. My best friend was in a similar situation, her mum was a stripper so we decided to do the same thing.
    It got is by and kept us off the streets. Admittedly I ended up in a bad circle of friends after being in the industry for awhile but I wad lucky enough to pull myself together and get myself out of it all before it was too late.
    I am now married and pregnant with my first and a qualified swimming teacher and teachers aide.
    Not ashamed of my past at all, did what I had to to survive at the time and am thankful for the life lessons it has taught me that I know I would never learn anywhere else

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleGumnut For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (09-05-2013),LotusMum  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    I think people who are saying they'd stock shelves or down size their house etc are being. A little presumptuous....
    Not saying they shouldn't try or that the only option is protitution or stripping..

But, its not a matter of walking into Coles and demanding a night fill job to stack shelves And getting one.. Coles and majority of the other night filling places take the long way round to hire those staff and staff are in abundance.. Why hire you at $23+ an hour ( who in some cases have got no work experience in the field) when 18 year old Sally with a little bit of retail experience working at HJ's after school is $18 bucks an hour. Get me?

Also with down sizing your house you will not get a one bedroom rental if you are a family. No property manager alive ( believe me I am one) will present a family (mum,dad,kids) (mum+ kids) application to a owner of a one bedroom unit, its common sense.
    (Assuming this is what people mean as I would assume if your facing prostitution/stripping you would have already exhausted your avenue of property ownership and no longer own or have the money for selling etc)

So I think those who have entered the prostitution or stripping field may need others to understand that the avenues we are so willingly stating we'd do ver and above being a prostitute are not as easy to get as you imagine.

And by no way have I been affiliated in prostitution or agree with it.. Like you a of exhaust every other avenue first before getting to that point.. I just wanted to make it a point that these avenues aren't always as easy to get as some have made out here..

Being that my husband and I have both worked at maccas (he was a manager), have friends that still work there, it would be a probable line of work for us. I also worked at a supermarket for many years and have coworkers still there. But I would deliver the local paper. Push trolleys, work at a factory, service station. Anything if we needed it, and continue to apply for anything that I could do... Many people could downsize. We could sell our large home and move into our smaller 2x1 should the need arise. There are so many options we could take as a family before it would come to that. We could rent out rooms in our home. Sell our car. Sell anything.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    Being that my husband and I have both worked at maccas (he was a manager), have friends that still work there, it would be a probable line of work for us. I also worked at a supermarket for many years and have coworkers still there. But I would deliver the local paper. Push trolleys, work at a factory, service station. Anything if we needed it, and continue to apply for anything that I could do... Many people could downsize. We could sell our large home and move into our smaller 2x1 should the need arise. There are so many options we could take as a family before it would come to that. We could rent out rooms in our home. Sell our car. Sell anything.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    That's what I'm saying, that by the time you or I went to prostitution we would have exhausted all of those avenues.

But I wanted to make a point that sometimes when people try to get these jobs you have listed and that others have listed it is not a matter of 'well I'd stack shelves or, I'd work at maccas' because those chains don't care about your dire needs, and they aren't In a hurry to make sure they hire mature age over the next kid who walks in the door.

I hate people assuming that these somewhat considered 'lower class jobs' are easy to get and that if push came to shove 'well I'd fix it by getting one of those'

Put it his way, I have a
    Certification in retail and retail experience and I fell into my property manager roll with no experience except a little bit of reception and assisting work, a lot quicker and simpler then these maccas, night fill jobs I applied for through desperation at the time, even though I was qualified in that field and had experience.. Not one phone call.

Obviously in the end it was a good thing I never got those jobs as I earnt triple the wage as a qualified Property manager after a few months.

But the point I'm making is people are assuming these jobs are easy to get..

Last edited by Twoalready; 09-05-2013 at 13:55.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast