+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding my 15month old

Hi,

My son is 15 months old. Still feeds lots. He had cut back quite a bit and has now ramped things right up again.

I LOVE our breastfeeding bond and I'm so proud of us that we made it this far, but...(cue mixed emotions)

He's so territorial over them, still feeds several times a night and basically there's a part if me that likes the idea of weaning. I know I couldn't & wouldn't wean him yet; it's too special to him and to me. I would, however, like to be able to call a few shots of my own and not feel so...I don't know!

Any suggestions or similar stories to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am this way with DD at the moment (she is almost 18mo). She loves her boobies and I am content to let her have them but it would also be nice to get my body back to and get out of these crappy maternity bras!!

I stopped feeding at night a couple of months ago as she was such a bad sleeper and every time she woke I would feed her. It got to where I was feeding her up to 6 times at night.

So I stopped all except for one feed and she took to it quite well. She started to sleep through and it was just amazing!

She is now waking at anywhere between 3 and 5am and I cannot resettle her without a feed. She does have a cold at the moment so I think that that is part of it as well.

I now only give her 3-4 feeds in a 24 hour period. So one in the morning...one before her day sleep, one in the arvo if she wants it and one before bed. If she asks during the day and its inconvenient or I just dont want to I distract her with something else. If she is insistent I take it as a sign she is hungry and give her something to eat and 9 times out of 10 she is really hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! There's a lot in here I feel I can apply when the time is right. xo