+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All the time, i used to have a shelf dedicated to it. I tend to get pressies from my sil and workmates which i would never use so i pass them on, no shame un doing it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Very rarely.

usually I'll give away something that I don't want...whether to someone I know (explaining that it was an unwanted gift), or to an op shop.

I currently have 2 unwanted gifts that I've hung on to.

One is a baby toy given to us when our daughter was born (7 months ago). It's a lovely toy, but we already had one, so I'll hang on to it in case someone that I think will like it has a bub.

The other is a set of miniature perfumes which my dad bought me. I don't wear perfume, but he's the type of person to buy women flowers/perfume/jewel leery because that's just what you do... He was aware I might not want them when he gave them to me, and said to give them away etc. if I didn't. Trouble is I don't know anyone who'd appreciate them, and they'll sell on eBay for probably over $50...so I think I'll be doing that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't but I would quite happily. If I knew someone who would love the gift then I would regift, wouldn't do it just for the sake of it though cause I love getting people things I think they'll enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have for kris Kringle at work, do t think I have otherwise. I would be too scared that I accidentally gave it back to the giver!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, one time, years ago.
    It was my aunt and uncle's wedding and DH and I were flat broke teenagers at the time.. but we really wanted to go to the wedding so I gave them a really nice hand painted serving platter! I'd never served actual food on it, I'd used it as an ornamental display and it had a little stand.
    It had recently been given to me from a good friend, but she had taken it from her parents house when they divorced as neither had wanted to keep it... so it was more like 3rd hand as opposed to 2nd hand by the time my aunty got it, lol..
    I made a bit of an effort, though; bought a nice gift box and stuffed it wit coloured tissue paper

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post

Also got an obviously re-gifted kitchen appliance from a close family member for Christmas...the box looks about ten years old!
    p
    I think you and I are cousins

That particular box has been doing the rounds since about 2003

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once, only once.

It turns out the person I was re-gifting it to had infact given it to me as a gift some five or so years earlier. I never had a use for it - table candle centre piece thing - so never opened it. We laughed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was given heaps of little bits of pieces for jasper when he was born, useful things, but loads of the same things I didn't need heaps of. I was also given a hamper of things.

So I put a bunch of things back in the hamper, bought a few extra things (like a thermometer and I don't remember what else but maybe added another $20 of things to it) and gave it to a friend at her baby shower. It was pretty good recycling I thought!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Only to As$hats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do. My in laws go crazy at Christmas & buy us loads - not everything is to my taste so I will regift to a friend if I think they will like it. I just did a regift for a friend but then paid for her meal when we went out so I don't think I'm being scungy.

I have a gift cupboard with those miscellaneous gifts like candles, body shop packs etc that I don't use which can get regifted for kris kringles, things like that.

I don't see the big deal, saves money & environmentally friendly!