+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I regift toys. We have a large family, so often the kids get 2 similar or identical presents. I normally put one in the present box, so it is on-hand for the next party. I usually buy clothes to go with the toy when I regift it though. For example, I went to a 1st birthday on the weekend, I had bought a beautiful cardigan for the birthday girl, and added a toy from my present box.

If we go to a friend's house for dinner or similar, I will generally take a bottle of wine that was given to me. More because we only drink socially, I would prefer to drink it with my friends than leave it gathering dust.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I regift if its a double up on something we already have, generally kids toys or books. If I don't regift them, I donate them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD got 2 beautiful, identical, BeBe romper suits when she was born. Neither of them fitted her in season (by the time she could fit into them it was winter and too cold for them). I have regifted both of them. Maybe it's stingy, but I wouldn't have a problem receiving something in those circumstances.

i also have a Country Road newborn romper that my DD was too big for when she received it at 6 weeks old. I will regift it if I know any newborn girls in summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't stand my dads partner. So every year at Christmas my mum looks in her cupboard for something she got as a gift and hates/never used and I then wrap it up and give it to dads partner!!

She has never once acknowledged any gift I have bought her (new or otherwise) so I don't feel bad about what I do for even a second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS got 2 ball castles his first Xmas he kept one and I have the other to his cousin who is a month older then him not as a gift though just have it to her. Otherwise no I havnt

Me (21) DH (25) DS (4) DD (2)
    Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sont really regift as I like buying people presents. Unless dd has received two of something then I might.
    Although for work secret santa I will sometimes regift to get something out of my house lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been tempted to regift but when it comes down to it, I feel horrible and don't do it. Someone went to the effort for me regardless if I like the gift or not. So I do my best to go to the effort for others. But generally I recieve gift vouchers to buy a item I like. Nice and safe that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll start this by saying that I have some anxiety issues.

This one time (lol) we did receive the same thing twice for our child. I had a gift box going at this stage and put one of them in the gift box. We were attending another childs birthday, and I thought this gift would suit this child so we gace it to them. Whilst at the party, I nearly had an anxiety attack as I had flashes that these people were the ones that gave my child that gift. Since then, I have never done it again, as the stress was too much... ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sometimes regift but for funny reasons eg. My nephew has no manners and a really rude child, takes after his mother so for Christmas they gave my daughter a book called 'the big book of manners' so for ex SIL's birthday we gifted the book back to her lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't re-gift, but that's not to say that I wouldn't. I guess I don't really get any gifts that would be suitable for others!

As I mentioned in another thread, I was double re-gifted for my baby shower. A beautiful baby book from a friend - with some of the pages completed, but not by my friend! DH and I thought about re-gifting it to a friend of ours who is UTD now, but she is friends with the other friend and didn't want to embarass the first friend ... if that makes sense