+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much water does your child drink?

Ok....I drink a lot of water. I don't have soft drinks or juice but just drink water and 1 cup decaf coffee a day. I would say I has approx 4 or 5 litres a day. I don't have diabetes.

So ds2 drinks a lot of water too. He doesn't have juice or soft drinks and will have a milo at night after tea. He probably drinks 2 to 3 litres per day depending on his activity levels.

MIL thinks he may have diabetes but he has none of the other signs for it. I think he drinks as much as he needs and because I Drink a lot it has never been a concern for me. I believe that he has an average consumption of water.

So the question is.....how much does your child drink per day? DS2 is 6 yo....just trying to figure out the average!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My DS1 is almost 5 and is a huge water drinker, at least 2L a day, more in hot weather.

I also drink a lot of water, probably 3-4 litres, no diabetes here, DS1 was tested at 3.5 years old because I was concerned about how much he drinks but he was fine.

If your worried, it wouldn't hurt to get him checked.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My older two drink from a drink bottle at home and at school, between those bottles is 1L and I fill the one at home up twice and they 'say' they fill up their school one once at school. I'd say they are drinking at least 2L a day, on hot day and weekends maybe 3L, a bit over. I also drink a lot of water and no diabetes. My oldest is 7, drinking about the same and no diabetes. But test if you're worried for sure. But seems normal to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    2.5 yr old DS has 800ml water bottles and I fill it up usually twice a day so about 1.6 litres on average , he usually does not drink anything else except the occasional smoothie , plain mineral water or Roobios tea

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 2.5 and would have about 1.5 litres of water a day, sometimes more. He never has juice etc but does have a glass of milk with breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS drinks quite a bit of water too. So much so that his FDC mum thought he may have diabetes (as she's experienced a child with diabetes before). I also had GD through my pregnancy so took him for a blood test but it was all good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 6 year old is only allowed to drink water and milk, with the very occasional calciyum (sp?) as a treat.

She takes a one litre bottle of water to School and has it empty by the time she comes home. After school she drinks less than a litre more between afternoon tea and bedtime. I would say no more than 2 litres a day, unless she has been particularly active or it's been quite hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies! I am not overally concerned but just wanted to prove a point to MIL via DP that what DS2 drinks is about average. As DS2 has always been a big water drinker its never been an issue (to me) but I can see how it may seem alot to others. If DS2 for example suddenly started drinking lots of water then I would be concerned.

And as pps pointed out I will probably get a test done to be 100% sure for at least DPs and MILs sake.

Thanks!!