+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommendations to Kindy/Preschool in Adelaide

Hello!

We are moving to Adelaide arriving this Saturday from Malaysia and have a 4 year old with us. I dont know if I am late to register her to a kindy or preschool (she has already started going to kindy here when she was 3) so I want her to start going to kindy as soon possible.

We will be staying with a friend temporarily in Mansfield Park. While looking for permanent/renting our own place. So far we have only heard that Parkside has good kindies so we're wondering if there are other recommendations from other Adelaide-ians? Dont mind travelling a bit tho.

Also, looking for some friendly faces

Miza

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends if you want private or public?

for private pultnety and little prince's in the city both look great, pretty expensive though!

Both park side and the city are a big drive from Mansfield park, if your thinking of staying in that area maybe look at kindys in semaphore? I'm from the other side of town so I don't really know much about things In that area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I think it depends where you are going to be living. If you are living closer to town, another private school to consider is Annesley Junior School. It has an excellent early learning centre for kids aged 2-5 and operates as a long day care centre, so is open 49 weeks a year. Children can attend up to five days a week.

Public kindergartens (pre-schools) operate on school term, so are open 40 weeks a year and four-year-olds can go there only 2.5 days a week.

At Annesley, they can progress onto primary school there if you wish. There is also a reasonable mix of students from varying countries, including Malaysia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! Thank you so much for your replies.Actually we have no preference to public or private kindies. She goes to an international school here in Malaysia and only knows English. However, the million dollar question, how much does private school and public school differs in terms of fees. How is it in Australia when it comes to public school children and private school children? Socially, education-wise, teachers?I guess what I'm asking, is private or public school better in australia, particularly in Adelaide? Or does it even matter at all? Where we come from, there is a big difference, unfortunately.Miza

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi smudgy

you are most probably already in Adelaide now, but I just came across your post.

TBH differences between public and private schooling in Adelaide depend on the school the child goes to.
    Some public schools here are excellent, and have a better reputation than private schools.
    Private schools in Adelaide tend to be more religious based.
    No easy answer unfortunately.